Removing a User from Your Account
1. Go to Admin > Team, and click edit next to the user you wish to delete.
2. Click "Delete user and reassign contacts"
Note: It's important to delete users versus just renaming or changing their email/password when they leave your team because deleting them also cuts off access to the mobile apps and their API key.
Reassigning Leads & Tasks
Upon removing a user, Follow Up boss will ask you to reassign the agent's leads and tasks to another user.
The leads that are reassigned will be auto-tagged with the name of the deleted agent so you can easily identify them. Email messages that were shared will remain shared after the agent is deleted. All notes, calls logs, and texts from the agent will also stay on the contacts. The agent will be removed from any deals they're part of, and the deals will remain on the contacts where an admin can see/edit them as needed.
Email templates and text templates that were created by the agent will be deleted when they are deleted. If they created templates you want to keep, go to the Email Templates and Text Templates and create a make a new version of the templates you want to keep.
Reclaiming the Phone Number
If the person you're deleting had a Follow Up Boss phone number, their phone number will be released when their account is deleted. Released numbers can be found under Admin > Phone Numbers for up to 30 days. After 30 days they are removed from the account completely.
If the phone number was being actively used and you want to be able to get inbound calls and texts to that number, you can move it to a Team Inbox.
- Go to Admin > Phone Numbers.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the deleted user and their phone number marked "Released"
- Click Actions and choose Move Number.
- Pick the Team Inbox you'd like the number to ring into. Best practice is to choose an inbox that's being actively monitored, such as your ISA's Team Inbox or the main Company Inbox, so that calls and texts will be responded to.
- Scroll to the top of the page and find the number in the Team Inbox section.
- Click Actions and choose Edit Label. The label will be seen next to calls/texts to this number, so be descriptive. For example, a label like "Bob's Old Number" makes it clear that the caller may be expecting to get Bob on the phone and allows you to pick up the conversation smoothly.
What happens to their old number next?
Most teams see that the number stops being used at all after a couple of weeks. When no more calls or texts are coming to that number, you can click Actions and Remove Number to let the number go again. Or you can click Actions and Swap Number to assign the number to a new agent on your team.