With Follow Up Boss Action Plans, you can automatically send an initial text autoresponder, trigger drip emails, assign tasks, and so much more! Below is a list of actions that can be completed with an action plan:
- Send a text autoresponder
- Send drip emails
- Assign tasks
- Change a contact's stage
- Add or remove collaborators for a contact
- Add a note (and notify someone(s)
- Add or remove tags on a contact
- Pause other running action plans
How it Works
How to Set it Up
- Choose an Action Plan or create your own (Admin > Action Plans > + Action Plan).
- To assign an action plan to new contacts from a particular source, go to Admin > Lead Flow & assign the action plan to a lead flow source(i.e. Realtor.com) or use advanced lead flow rules.
- To assign an Action Plan to a particular contact, search for the contact, scroll to the right-hand side of the lead profile and locate the action plan section. Choose the + button to add your action plan.
- You can also trigger action plans for existing contacts by using an automation.
Action Plan Features
Creating & Changing Action Plans
Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s action plans page. Click the “Edit” icon to edit the action plan (admins only).
Using Action Plans
Go to Admin > Action Plans for a look at your action plan performance. Look for the "Active" and "Engaged" columns. The active column will show you how many contacts are currently on the action plan. Engaged will show you replies to action plan emails.
Not at this time. You can delete the action plan that is running OR the plan can be paused on each contact's profile.
Not at this time. You can choose to pause a plan which will stop it from running, but we keep the plan there so you can see a history of plans applied.
An initial email set to send on day zero is sent immediately after the action plan is applied to a contact. Other emails configured for the 2nd day or later are sent daily around 9 am (per the timezone of your account).
Non-email actions completed by an action plan will be posted at around 5 am (per the timezone of your account) on the morning they are due.
Yes. Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s action plans page. Click the Duplicate icon (two pieces of paper stacked) to duplicate the action plan (admins only).
Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s action plans page. Click the Trash icon to permanently delete the action plan (admins only).
Each action plan email will automatically display an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, which your contacts can click to unsubscribe. When a contact unsubscribes from an action plan email, they will be auto-tagged as "unsubscribed" in your FUB database, and they will be blocked from receiving action plan emails in the future.
Note: Individual, 1:1 emails can still be sent to unsubscribed contacts (only action plan emails are blocked from sending).
Yes! Just go to a contact and click to add the action plan as you normally would. Be careful, however, to make sure you don't repeatedly drip someone with the same emails. This is best used with task-based plans.
There are various reasons as to why an action plan email may not have been delivered. To learn more, check out Why did my action plan fail to send?