If you have someone on your account as the Lender role and want to change them to an Agent or Admin role, their account will need to be deleted and recreated.
Why would someone want to change from the Lender to the Agent role?
The basic Lender role works well for most lender partnerships. Working with lenders in Follow Up Boss has more information about how the Lender role works. However, the Lender role has some differences from the Agent role that may make the Agent role a better fit for your team:
- Reporting - Lenders' activity doesn't show on reports
- Ponds - Lenders can't be given access to an entire pond
- Lead distribution - Lenders can be added to a round robin distribution group, but not a first-to-claim distribution group
- Admin access - Lenders have access to leads they're assigned. If your lender needs to have more access, the Agent role is a better fit because it can be given Admin access. More about Users, Roles & Permissions here.
If any of these processes are critical to how your team works with lenders, it may be worth it to switch your lender from the Lender role to the Agent role by deleting and recreating their account using the steps below.
To recreate a Lender user as an Agent and keep assigned leads
1. Find and Tag the leads assigned to this lender:
- On the People screen:
- Filter to Lender = the lender you'll be switching. Select all leads using the check box in the upper-left (be sure to click "select all #" if there are more than 20 leads), and Add Tag. Create a unique tag so you can confidently reassign all leads with this tag, ie Casey_lenderreassignment. Video walkthrough of these steps here.
- Clear the filters.
- Filter to Collaborator = original lender. Select all leads and Add Tag. Use the same tag you created in step 1.
2. Delete the lender's account:
- Go to Admin > Teams and delete the original lender. You'll be prompted to reassign their contacts to another lender, if there is another lender in your account.
If you are on a per-user priced plan, you will automatically be credited for the remainder of the lender's seat for your billing period. (Credits can be seen on the Billing page of your account.)
3. Set up their new account:
- Go to Admin > Teams and click Add User and reinvite the lender. Be sure to choose the Agent role.
If you are on a per-user priced plan, you will be charged the prorated amount for the remaining time in your billing period for this new user. Credits will automatically be used before your card is charged, so the credit for removing the lender will likely cover any new prorated charges.
- On the People screen, filter to Tag = the unique tag you created earlier, ie Casey_lenderreassignment.
- Select all leads with this tag, use the mass actions button to Add Collaborator, and add the lender as a collaborator. This will give them access to see these leads again.
- If the lender had Calling, go to Admin > Phone Numbers, find the Released phone number for the lender, click the Actions button next to their old number, and Swap number. Swap with the Agent-lender's phone number so they can keep using their original phone number on their new account.
4. Using their new account:
- Ask the lender to accept the new invitation and create a password. They will also need to log out and back in on the mobile app to be sure they are in the new account.
- Make sure other agents on your team know to add the lender as a collaborator (instead of using the Lender drop-down) going forward.
Going forward their account will work like any other Agent account!