Use a Follow Up Boss number for your Google Local Services Ad (LSA) number to get inbound calls and texts recorded automatically in FUB and track new leads coming from Google LSA.
Note: We recommend doing this BEFORE getting your ad as it's not easy to change your number with Google after the fact.
How to set it up
- Create a Team Inbox, or go to the existing Team Inbox you want to use.
Tip: if these calls will be answered by the same people who answer your other inbound calls, you can use the same Team Inbox. If these calls will be answered by a different group of agents, create a new Team Inbox.
- Add a number to the Team Inbox.
- Label the number Google LSA. The label will be used as the Source for leads that come through this number.
- In the Team Inbox Settings, choose who should get these calls. Remember that Google tracks answer rates, so the priority is to have your best agents answer quickly. If you want them called on their cell phones also, add their cell numbers to Additional Numbers to call.
- Put that number on your Google LSA.
How to use it
- Tell your agents to save the Google LSA number in their phone as a contact. This is number that will show on their caller ID when they get one of these calls.
- Answered calls will be logged automatically in the inbox and can be recorded if you have Call Recordings turned on (link to https://app.followupboss.com/2/powerups page).
- On the right-hand side of the page in the Inbox, add the person as a lead. This will automatically list their Source as Google LSA.
- Continue working with the lead as normal. (Set an appointment, start an action plan, update their Stage so you can work them alongside other leads on your smart lists, etc.)