Follow Up Boss can be used to call and text any US or Canadian number that has opted-in to be contacted by your business. Review these Calling and Texting Best Practices for more information on how to be most successful with your FUB number.
US & Canadian phone numbers can be called or texted through Follow Up Boss. You can receive calls or texts from a number outside of the US or Canada; however, you cannot place an outbound call or send a text to numbers outside of the US and Canada at this time.
Agents outside of the US and Canada, such as VAs, can use Follow Up Boss to call and text leads who have a US or Canadian number.
The cell phone number on the Settings page is normally used to send text alerts to the agent and to bridge calls to the agent's cell phone. This number must be a US or Canadian number. The good news is, if you don't have a US or Canadian cell phone number, you can still use Follow Up Boss from your computer with this setup:
- On the Settings page, enter a placeholder number, ie 555-555-5555, so you can save changes to your settings.
- Ensure you have the Calling add-on. You should see a "My Number" section on your Settings page. This is the number that will be used to make calls and send texts through Follow Up Boss and will be a US or Canadian number.
- In the Incoming Calls section of your settings, choose the option to Ring desktop then forward to FUB Voicemail. This will keep all your calls on your computer.
- Click Record a new voicemail to set up your Follow Up Boss voicemail greeting.
Voicemails and texts will come to your Inbox. Learn more about the Follow Up Boss inbox here: Inbox Overview.
- In the Outgoing Calls section, set the calling method to Always use internet. Calls made through Follow Up Boss via internet are VoIP calls and your internet connection can affect call quality. If you're having trouble with call quality, review these tips to Setup and Optimize Desktop Calling.
If you are including an international agent in the call routing of a Team Inbox, use the option to ring their desktop and not their mobile. Their computer will ring when a call comes to the Team Inbox number.
On your Notification Settings, ensure that your desktop, push, email, and notification center settings are turned on. (Text message notifications will not be used with this setup because there is not a US or Canadian cell phone number in your Settings.)
You can download the Follow Up Boss app on your iPhone or Android and receive push notifications via the app.
Text and Email Templates
When creating email templates and text templates, be sure to use the Agent Phone merge field because this will add your Follow Up Boss number. (The Agent Mobile merge field would reference the placeholder cell phone number.)
That's it! Using this setup will allow agents to work internationally and keep all their communications in Follow Up Boss.