Below is a copy of the Sierra Knowledge Base article. Clients of Sierra can access the most recent version of this guide and screenshots here when logged into the Sierra CRM.
Note: We recommend installing the FUB Pixel on your website.
We have great news for those of you who have a Follow Up Boss account! Your Sierra subscription includes a robust, two-way integration with Follow Up Boss.
Please note the GOLDEN RULE for this integration is that it is totally dependent on having the same set of users with the same exact email addresses in both Sierra and Follow Up Boss platforms (so everything is synced between the two systems, such as the lead assignments). If the users do not match between both platforms, you will run into errors and lead assignment issues.
Another important thing to note is that for leads to sync from FUB to Sierra, they must have an email in place within the lead profile in FUB.
Connect Follow Up Boss to Sierra Interactive
Note: The API integration must be completed by the owner of the account.
- Log in to the Sierra Integrations Manager.
- Navigate to the gear icon > select Integrations
- Choose Follow Up Boss
- Review and agree to the acceptable use policy to continue
- Next, you will follow the prompt to connect your account. You'll need your Follow Up Boss API key from the Account Owner. Admin and Agent accounts are not able to be attached to the Sierra integration.
Follow the Prompts to Set Up FUB Step-by-Step
Here are the steps for setting up the FUB Integration within Sierra. After this integration has been connected, you can always return to this connection to click "Edit" and "Remove" the integration.
- Enter your Follow Up Boss API Key
- Confirm if you wish to automatically send leads from your Sierra account into Follow Up Boss. Please note: If this is set to be off, you can still manually send leads from Sierra to Follow Up Boss.
- Determine if you want to use lead flow through Follow Up Boss. You can also decide if you want to apply Auto Created E-Alerts for leads generated through your Sierra website if applicable.
- Confirm the lead source you want to appear when sending new leads from Sierra to FUB. You can choose either your Sierra site name or the original source value.
- Determine if you want to send a new lead registration event to Follow Up Boss when syncing leads between the platforms. Please note: This may trigger automated actions within Follow Up Boss.
- Confirm if you wish to automatically send leads from your Follow Up Boss account into Sierra.
- Determine if you wish to send communication items from Sierra to Follow Up Boss, these include the following: Site messages, emails, logged phone calls, text messages, and notes
- Determine if you wish to send communication items from Follow Up Boss to Sierra, these include the following: Phone Calls and Notes.
- Determine if you wish to be notified about problems keeping leads synced between FUB and Sierra
Import FUB Users to Sierra
To ensure that your platforms are in line with the “Golden Rule” mentioned above, we recommend your next step to click the option to “Import FUB Users to Sierra” to action this step.
If you proceed, all Users from your Follow Up Boss account that don’t have a corresponding User account with matching email addresses in Sierra will then be imported to Sierra. Click “Import Users” to complete this vital step.
Manually Sync Leads Between Platforms
After this integration has been enabled, you'll have the option to manually sync leads that are not yet in both platforms. Follow these steps:
- Click the Follow Up Boss Integration in the Sierra Integrations Manager
- Click the "Sync Leads Between FUB and Sierra" button.
- In the overlay, review and select the manual sync settings that best fit your goal.
- Click "Sync Now" to activate the Manual Sync.
Quick Tips for This Connection
- When manually adding leads to FUB - assuming you are using the setting to send new leads from FUB to Sierra - an email address is required to create a new lead in Sierra.
- Please note that Sierra Lead Ponds are not compatible with this integration and will not be accessible when this integration is enabled.
- It is possible to use FUB Lead Ponds, but please note that the ponds do not work with the API functionality. In other words, leads that are added to a FUB Pond will still sync to Sierra when setting #2 is toggled on (whether new leads or a lead that has been returned to a pond), however, until a lead is claimed for the first time or reassigned from a pond, the agent assignment will not update. (Note: it may take up to 10 minutes for this assignment to reflect in Sierra.)
- If you change a lead's agent assignment in Follow Up Boss, the lead's agent assignment in Sierra will automatically update accordingly. This also works in reverse, meaning that if an agent assignment is updated in Sierra, it should reflect in FUB accordingly.
- In cases where a lead registers on your Sierra site and a lead with the same email address already exists in Follow Up Boss, the lead will assign in Sierra to the same agent to whom they're already assigned in Follow Up Boss.
- Lead tags added in Sierra are automatically synced in Follow Up Boss and lead tags added in Follow Up Boss are automatically synced in Sierra.
- When leads view listings, save listings, request info, or submit a showing request on your Sierra site(s), details about each of those actions are automatically pushed through to Follow Up Boss.
- The city and state detected for each lead in Sierra are automatically pushed through to the lead record in Follow Up Boss.
Each lead in Follow Up Boss will have a link to view lead details in Sierra within the Recent Activity section of the lead profile
- Notes sync as notes, calls as calls and texts as texts