How the Initial Text Autoresponder works
Follow Up Boss can send an automated text message to new leads as they enter your account. You can add the text message to an action plan and it will be sent to new leads when the action plan is applied to a source under Lead Flow.
How to set it up
- Action plans can only be edited by account Owners and Admins.
- The text will be sent from the assigned agent's Follow Up Boss phone number if you have Calling enabled. If you don't have calling enabled the text will be sent from your Follow Up Boss Company Number.
1. Go to the Admin tab at the top and then to Action Plans:
2. Click on the action plan you'd like to add a text message to:
3. Click on the "Add initial text message" link:
4. Type the message you'd like to send to new leads. There is a limit of 300 characters. You can use merge fields for lead name, agent name, etc.
5. You can set a delay to send a text message X minutes after the lead comes in. It may feel more natural for the recipient when a text message arrives a few minutes later rather than immediately.
6. When you are finished, click Save.
Here is a sample autoresponder you can use for buyer leads:
Hi %contact_first_name%, re: %inquiry_address%. What's the best time to call you? -%agent_first_name%
And one for seller leads:
Hi %contact_first_name%, thanks for your home value request. What's the best time of the day to reach you? -%agent_first_name%
How do I know if a lead was sent a text message?
When the automated text message is sent to a new lead it leaves an entry in the timeline on the lead's details page:
How to disable a text autoresponder
Open the action plan and delete the message in the text autoresponder field, then click the Save button to save your changes:
What happens when a lead replies to the message?
If the lead sends a text message to that number, we will send a push notification on mobile and desktop notification to the assigned agent. You will be able to see their text message in the Follow Up Boss Inbox and respond from there.
Why didn't a text send to that lead?
- Text messages will not send between 9pm and 8am in the local time of the assigned agent. They will queue and send the following morning at 8am. More details on queued text messages.
- It's not a new lead. We only send the automated text message to new leads, for example, if you apply an action plan manually to an existing lead, it won't send a text message to them.
- The action plan wasn't triggered for that lead. Check the Lead Flow Screen to make sure the action plan is set up for the lead sources you'd like it to run.
- The lead doesn't have a phone number or the number is not valid. We need a valid phone number to be able to send a text message, as you know some leads come without one, so a text message won't be sent for them.
- We only send the automated text message to leads that registered on your website, or leads that made a property inquiry, general inquiry, seller inquiry or visited an open house.