There are multiple ways to move leads to ponds. This guide will explain how to move leads to ponds and what happens when you do!
How to manually move leads to Ponds
- To assign a single lead to a pond, go to the contact record for your lead.
- Click the Agent dropdown and you will see the Ponds section at the top of the dropdown.
- Select the pond you want to assign the lead to and click the green check.
- To mass assign leads to a pond, go to the people screen and filter to find the people you want to reassign to the pond
- Select the people to reassign
- Use the mass actions tab and choose reassign to pond.
How to automatically move leads to Ponds
To have new leads to go directly to a pond instead of to a specific agent, choose the pond on your Lead Flow rules. See Lead Flow Directly to a Pond.
To have existing leads automatically moved to a pond, you can create an Automation using the "Reassign lead" action. Leads will be reassigned to the pond based on the trigger and conditions you choose in your automation.
What happens when leads are moved to a pond
Assignment, action plans, and tasks
- Leads are unassigned from the previously assigned agent and assigned to the pond. All agents in that pond can see the leads.
- Action plans will continue to run. The Pond Lead Agent will be used for the "Agent assigned to the contact". See Action Plans Overview for more information on action plan options.
- Existing tasks that were created by an action plan for the "Agent assigned to the contact" will be reassigned to the Pond Lead Agent.
Team members, timeline & visibility
- Adding your team to the Pond will grant them access to see all leads in that pond.
- The lead's timeline will show when the lead was released to or claimed from the pond.
- Emails that are part of conversations originating from Follow Up Boss are always shared on lead timelines, regardless of sharing settings. If an email is sent through Follow Up Boss (including Action Plan and batch emails), the email content is always visible to anyone with access to the lead. Any threaded replies to that email will also be visible.
- Pond notification settings can be customized by each agent here: https://app.followupboss.com/2/notification-preferences. See: Notification Settings
- By default, everyone in the pond will be notified about brand new leads being added to the pond.