Occasionally there will be lead sources that do not have a Follow Up Boss parser and have a format that is incompatible with the Follow Up Boss generic parser. In those cases, a good alternative is to use Zapier's parser to send leads over to Follow Up Boss.
1. Zapier Parser Setup
- Go to Zapier Parser and Sign Up for a free account (this is a separate account from your regular Zapier.com account)
- Click Create Mailbox
- Click Skip Waiting
- Name your Mailbox (preferably something easy to remember)
- Forward a copy of the lead notification email you would like to parse to the @robot.zapier.com address you created in step 4.
- Click Mailboxes at the top and then click Edit next to the mailbox you set up (make sure that you have forwarded over the lead notification to the mailbox first)
- Highlight the fields that you would like to parse and give them a Name
- Click Save Address and Template at the bottom of the page
2. Set Up the Zap
- Navigate to Zapier and create a free account, if you don't have one already
- Click the orange Make a Zap button
- Choose Mail Parser as the app option
- Select the New Email option and click Save + Continue
- Click Connect an Account and connect the Zapier Parser account that you created in the previous steps
- Choose your Zapier Parser Mailbox from the dropdown and click Continue
- Click Fetch and Continue
- Choose Follow Up Boss as the next app
- Choose New Inquiry or Website Event as the action
- Click Connect an Account and input your Follow Up Boss API Key
- Select Registration from the Event Type dropdown and Manually Type in the name of the Source
- Click the + button next to each field that you parsed and select the parse output option (i.e. Parser Output First Name, Parser Output Email, etc)
- Click Continue and Send in a Test Lead (you should now see that lead source in Follow Up Boss under Admin > Lead Flow along with the test lead)
3. Gmail Auto-Forwarding
Lastly you will want to use a Google Filter Rule to automatically forward those email notifications to your @robot.zapier.com email address.
Zapier's Parser cannot write data to custom fields in Follow Up Boss. To add data to custom fields, you can build a custom API integration.