Occasionally there will be lead sources that do not have a Follow Up Boss parser and have a format that is incompatible with the Follow Up Boss generic parser. In those cases a good alternative is to use Zapier's parser to send leads over to Follow Up Boss.
Set Up Zapier Parser
- Go to https://parser.zapier.com/ and sign up for a free account (this is a separate account from your regular Zapier.com account)
- Click Create Mailbox
- Click Skip Waiting
- Name your Mailbox (preferably something easy to remember)
- Forward a copy of the lead notification you would like to parse to the @robot.zapier.com address you created in step 4.
- Click Mailboxes at the top and then click Edit next to the mailbox you set up (make sure that you have forwarded over the lead notification to the mailbox first)
- Highlight the fields that you would like to parse and give them a name
- Click Save Address and Template at the bottom of the page (change to classic V1 legacy if you have issues with the parsing format)
Set Up The Zap
- Navigate to https://zapier.com/ and create a free account, if you don't have one already
- Click the orange Make a Zap button
- Choose Mail Parser as the app option
- Select the New Email option and click Save + Continue
- Click Connect an Account and connect the Zapier Parser account that you created in the previous steps
- Choose your Zapier Parser mailbox from the dropdown and click Continue
- Click Fetch and Continue
- Choose Follow Up Boss as the next app
- Choose New Inquiry or Website Event as the action
- Click Connect an Account and input your Follow Up Boss API (found under Admin > More > API in Follow Up Boss)
- Select Registration from the Event Type dropdown and manually type in the name of the lead source
- Click the + button next to each field that you parsed and select the parse output option (i.e. Parser Output First Name, Parser Output Email, etc)
- Click Continue and send in a test lead (you should now see that lead source in Follow Up Boss under Admin > Lead Flow along with the test lead)
Lastly you will want to use a Google Filter Rule to automatically forward those email notifications to your @robot.zapier.com email address: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en
Zapier's Parser cannot write data to custom fields in Follow Up Boss. To add data to custom fields, you can build a custom API integration.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.