Zapier allows you to connect different software apps to Follow Up Boss. Get data into/out of your account or perform advanced actions in FUB, such as having an appointment trigger a tag being added to a contact.
The most popular workflows (Zaps) are on our hub.
Triggers are events that start a Zap. They are the first step. There are six triggers from Follow Up Boss that you can use to initiate an Action in another platform.
- A new contact in Follow Up Boss creates a new contact in Google Contacts.
- Updating a deal's stage to "Closed" automatically sends a postcard via Handwrytten.
- A new appointment in Follow Up Boss creates a text confirmation in SendHub.
An Action is an event that a Zap performs. It occurs based on a trigger. There are 13 actions that can occur in Follow Up Boss as a result of an initial trigger.
- Adding a lead to Follow Up Boss from a landing page such as Unbounce.
- Applying an action plan and/or changing a stage when a lead books an appointment with you via Calendly.
- Creating a deal in Follow Up Boss when a new opportunity is created in Salesforce.
- Adding a note in Follow Up Boss when you add a note to a client in another platform such as ActiveCampign.
Sending Leads to Follow Up Boss
There are two Actions that create a new lead in Follow Up Boss. The first will trigger action plans like a regular lead source, the second will not.
New Inquiry or Website Event
For sending leads into Follow Up Boss, use the "New Inquiry or Website Event" option. This will trigger action plans and alert the assigned agent. When setting up this action, make sure you choose the event type that best represents this event. Note: Only the following event types will trigger action plans: "Registration", "Seller Inquiry", "Property Inquiry", "General Inquiry", and "Visited Open House"
If it's a seller lead, apply the "Seller" tag to ensure Follow Up Boss puts any address as the contact's address vs the inquiry address. Specify any other tags that you want applied to this lead that might be important for assigning this lead to the correct flow.
Create or Update Contact Without Triggering Action Plans
This other option is useful if you want to just add the person to your database or update a contact. Choosing this action will not alert anyone or trigger any action plans. It will also not interact with the lead flow in any way.
Mapping information Follow Up Boss
Zapier allows you to map information to up to 5 custom fields. If you have more fields than this or if you want all of the information to show up together as an easier-to-read note, you can map the fields to Notes, like this:
FUB to FUB Zaps
You can use Follow Up Boss as both a Trigger and Action to enhance and customize your account.
- Add Collaborators when a new Deal is created.
- Creating a task and applying an action plan with a Deal is closed.
Paid Zapier plans allow you to create Zaps that have three or more steps. You can use a combination of triggers and actions to make events occur in both Follow Up Boss and multiple other apps at the same time.
- Updating a Google Sheet, sending a postcard, and subscribing someone to a special emailing list when a Deal is created in Follow Up Boss.
- Triggering a drip text series from Send Hub and creating tasks when a stage is updated in Follow Up Boss.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
ISSUE: Action plans aren't starting automatically on new leads.
Be sure you are using the New Inquiry or Website Event action in your zap. (Create or Update Contact actions will not start action plans.)
ISSUE: There are a lot of new Sources on your Lead Flow page instead of all new leads coming from the same Source.
This happens when the Source in your zap is unique for each lead, ie a URL of the form they filled out. To fix it, in the Set Up Action step of your zap, change the Source field to be the correct name.