Transferring a call in Follow Up Boss is easy. During a call simply click the transfer icon. You can then search for and select a team member or shared inbox to transfer the call to.
Note: This feature is only available on the desktop version of Follow Up Boss.
Transferring a Call to a Team Member
- Initiate the Call with the contact
- Click Transfer in the upper right-hand corner
- Search or Scroll for the desired User/Shared Inbox > select the User/Shared Inbox
- This will initiate a Warm Transfer. A warm transfer will place the lead on hold while the new team member is dialed. This allows you to explain the nature of the call to the team member in private.
- If needed the call transfer can be Canceled at any time to return back to the lead.
- Merging the call will place the contact off hold and you will be able to introduce the new team member to the lead and then stay on the call or hang up.
Completing the transfer will connect the new team member with the lead and end the call for you.
- The call is merged, click Hang Up to remove yourself from the call. The call between the team member and the contact will continue.
Transferring a Call to a Team Inbox
Choose a Team Inbox to transfer a call to multiple agents at once. The call broadcast settings in the Team Inbox will be used to ring the agents, except that when a call is transferred to a Team Inbox, agents will not hear the "Press any key" prompt when they answer the call.