If you already have phone numbers that are being used for your business it's usually possible to bring them into the Follow Up Boss system for making and receiving calls. This is a long process that requires documentation to be submitted.
Important information to know before starting your number port
- Not all numbers can be ported, it depends on what type of number you have, your current phone provider, and our provider Twilio. In the middle of the porting process we may find that your specific number cannot be ported.
- Porting is a long process that can take 2-6 weeks depending on your phone provider and how fast you and your provider respond to requests to produce documentation.
- Porting a number involves a lot of paperwork that you will need to fill out. Expect a high degree of involvement in the process.
- You may be unable to receive messages for up to 3 business days after the port completes.
- If you ever decide to port your number back from Follow Up Boss, it will be a lengthy process. You would need to contact the new provider you would like to port the number to, and work with them to get the number ported.
How to port a number to Follow Up Boss
- Notify your current phone provider that you want to port the numbers away and ask for your Customer Service Record (CSR). They may give you a PIN that we will need later in the porting process.
- Fill out the Letter of Authorization (LOA) form which can be found at the bottom of this article in either pdf or docx formats.
- Obtain a recent bill from the current provider that includes the account, owner/authorized user name, and address information for all the numbers to port.
- Enter all of the numbers you want to port on the Phone Numbers page in your Follow Up Boss account.
Once all of the above is done, send an email to Follow Up Boss Support containing the CSR, LOA, recent phone bill, and PIN if one was given to you. After we verify that all of the information on documents is correct we can continue with the number port.
Finalizing a number port
If you have entered the numbers you are porting to Follow Up Boss on the Phone Numbers page then as soon as your port is completed the number will be automatically setup and ready for use in Follow Up Boss.
Common rejection reasons for number ports
- Your information on all documents does not match
- The account with your phone provider has an unpaid balance
- The phone number has not been unlocked by the phone provider
For more troubleshooting please see this help article