Please Note: Our carrier will not be processing Ports from December 21, 2023 until January 3, 2024 in observance of the Holidays. You can still submit your port request to Follow Up Boss during these dates and they will be processed after the Holidays.
Google Voice numbers can be ported to Follow Up Boss by following the steps below. Once the port is complete, the number will no longer be in Google Voice but can be accessed in Follow Up Boss.
Please also note that the instructions for porting differ slightly depending on if you are using the consumer Google Voice or Google Voice with Google Workspace.
Google Voice Porting Instructions
- Complete and sign the Twilio Letter of Authorization document.
- Unlock the phone number in Google on the Google Voice unlock page.
- On the unlock page, point to the Google Voice number you want to port and click Unlock my number.
- Click Continue.
- Pay with your Google Account. You’ll get your receipt by email. (Please note: Unlocking your Google Voice number costs $3, but it's free if your number was originally ported in from a mobile service provider.)
- Forward the email you received from Google with the unlock receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the completed Letter of Authorization document (from step 1 above) to the email.
Google Voice with Google Workspace Porting Instructions
- Complete and sign the Twilio Letter of Authorization document
- Obtain your PIN on the Apps > Google Workspace > Google Voice > Number Porting Tab, then select "Port Out Info" to view the PIN
- Create a PDF of your Billing page from your Admin console.
- Forward the email containing your PIN and Billing information to email@example.com and attach the completed Letter of Authorization document (from step 1 above) to the email.
Note: If you port a number out of consumer Google Voice, Google doesn't support porting that same number back into Google Voice in the future. This is because Follow Up Boss virtual numbers are VoIP numbers and Google recognizes VoIP as landline numbers that are not compatible with consumer Google Voice. Google Workspace, however, does support porting landline numbers.
For more information about porting a number to Follow Up Boss, including how long it takes, please review our porting guide here.