If you already have phone numbers that are being used for your business, you may want to port them into the Follow Up Boss system for making and receiving calls.
Note: When a number is ported to Follow Up Boss, it is no longer with the previous carrier.
What You Need to Know
- There are no fees from Follow Up Boss to port in numbers.
- Porting can take 2-6 weeks to complete. During this time, the phone number is active with the current provider until the port is complete.
Before Submitting a Port Request
- Notify your current phone provider and ask for your Customer Service Record (CSR). They may provide a PIN that is needed later in the porting process.
- Fill out the Letter of Authorization (LOA) form which can be found HERE
- Obtain a recent bill from the current provider that includes the account, owner/authorized user name, and address information for all the numbers to port.
Submitting a Port Request
- In Follow Up Boss, go to Admin > Phone Numbers
- Select New Port Request
- Enter the number being ported into Follow Up Boss and the Inbox to add the number to (the number can be swapped with an existing number after the port completes).
- You will then receive an email in which you will respond with the completed LOA, CSR, a recent phone bill, and the number PIN.
- After we verify that all of the information on the documents is correct, we will submit the port request to our carrier. You will be directly contacted by our porting department.
Note: If you have questions about an existing port, respond to the current port thread to reach our porting department.
Port requests can be rejected for a number of reasons. Below are the most common port rejections. For more information, check out our carrier's porting resource.
- Your information on all documents does not match
- The account with your phone provider has an unpaid balance
- The phone number has not been unlocked by the phone provider