SendGrid is an official integration supported by Follow Up Boss. It is used for sending large amounts of email and is necessary if you wish to send more than 1000 batch emails per day through Follow Up Boss.
How the SendGrid Integration Works
When you use SendGrid with Follow Up Boss, you can send unlimited batch emails directly through Follow Up Boss. You have no need to leave Follow Up Boss to send emails to large groups of people.
- Those emails come from your login email in Follow Up Boss. If that is different from your connected email, please take note.
- You only need one SendGrid account for everyone on your team.
- Unsubscribes, Clicks, and Opens WILL sync with this connection.
- This is not recommended if you are using an @gmail.com email address.
How to set it up
1. Go to the Admin tab at the top and then to Integrations
2. Within the SendGrid integration page, simply enter your SendGrid credentials to connect Follow Up Boss with SendGrid!
To create a new API in SendGrid, navigate to this link and then choose "Create API Key".
Be sure to select Full Access:
Be sure to copy the API key once it is generated.
3. Once the API key is pasted into Follow up Boss, the integration is live! You will see this:
4. To remove the sending limits, you will finish setting up your account. In order to do that, you will need to take the following steps outlined in this SendGrid Guide
Before you can remove the 100/day sending limit, you must authenticate your domain. SendGrid requires customers to verify their Sender Identities to maintain the best possible sender reputations and to uphold legitimate sending behavior. You can begin the domain authentication process here. For more information see this article.
Choosing a Plan
Once you've completed your account set up and would like to send over 100 emails per day, you will need to change your plan. Be sure to choose the "Change Plan" option under Email API. The Marketing Campaign Product does not integrate with Follow Up Boss.
Domain authentication is required to remove your sending limits however, Single Sender Verification can be used on the free plan and is useful for testing. Here is how to set that up:
Login to SendGrid, and click on Settings on the lower left
- From there we are looking for "Sender Authentication" > "Single Sender Verification" > "Create a Sender"
- SendGrid will send you an email with a link that you will click to authenicate. You will want to add all team members who will be using the integration.
Please make sure to take a look at our batch emailing best practices for tips on helping make sure your email content is consistently delivered.