Call logs are system entries that record the date, time, and duration of calls between you and your leads. When calling via the Follow Up Boss web app, calls are automatically recorded into the system.
Manually logging a call in the desktop app
To log a call using the iPhone app, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the lead that you wish to call.
- Tap the phone icon next the lead's phone number, then hit "Call" when the prompt appears.
- When the call has concluded, open the app.
- You will see a prompt asking if you wish to include notes for the call you just completed. Clicking No will log the call without any notes, clicking Log will let you add notes on the next screen.
- Call notes screen: If you are currently on the lead's detail page in the app when the call completes, this screen may automatically appear instead of the prompt pictured above. Here you can include any relevant notes about the call you just completed. Make sure to hit Save when you are finished adding notes to ensure that they are logged to Follow Up Boss.
For customers using our Calling feature, both outgoing and incoming calls made with this feature will be logged to the system.
When using your real phone number, only outgoing calls initiated from the app will be logged. Incoming calls to your real number will not be logged due to privacy restrictions imposed by Apple.
If you are following the steps above and still not seeing the automated call prompt, please check the following:
- Your phone call is longer than 5 seconds (the prompt will not show for calls shorter than 5 seconds).
- When the call has completed and you return to app to see the lead's detail page, try waiting a couple of seconds for the prompt to appear.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of our iPhone app.
- Try closing other apps that my be running in the background and consuming system resources.
- Avoid making 3-way phone calls.
- If all else fails, you can either manually add a note for the lead using the app, or manually log the call using the web app.
As of version 2.1.0, call logging behavior has changed slightly from previous versions.
- Always initiate calls from the app otherwise they might not be detected
- When the call ends, you must open the app and confirm the call
- Calls are not logged unless you open the app after the call has ended
- If you don't see a prompt in the app after a call ends, shake your phone and submit a bug
- Unlike the iPhone app, even incoming calls from leads while using app will be captured and logged, as long as you confirm the call in the app afterwards
To log a call, open the app after completing a call and choose Log Call on the prompt that appears. If you tap Cancel, the call will not be logged.
After you tap Log Call, add any notes about the call (optional), then tap Done.
- This feature requires you to allow the following permissions on your phone:
- directly call phone numbers
- read call log