Use these steps if your desktop is ringing, but your cell phone isn't ringing when receiving a Follow Up Boss call.
Note: Remember to use a number that's not part of your Follow Up Boss account if you're testing calls with yourself. Don't test with your own cell phone.
1. Confirm that calls are set to ring your cell phone
For calls to your personal Follow Up Boss number:
- Go to Settings in your Follow Up Boss account.
- Check that the phone number at the top of the page is your personal cell phone number. This number should not be another VoIP number because VoIP-to-VoIP call routing can cause issues.
Also, be sure your cell phone is not forwarding calls to another number.
- Check that calls are set to ring your cell phone and your desktop at the same time.
For calls to a Team Inbox number:
- Have an Admin check the Settings of the Team Inbox to confirm that Ring Mobile is selected for your number. More details about Team Inbox settings can be found here: Team Inbox: Detailed Setup Steps. Remember that the Company Number will smart-route calls to the assigned agent. More here: Company Number.
2. Confirm that your phone isn't blocking the calls
- Go to the Settings app of your phone > Phone > Confirm that Silence Unknown Callers is off. If it is on, this can block calls to your Follow Up Boss number.
- Return to the Settings app > Focus Mode and see if any of your focus settings are silencing calls. More information here: Apple Support - Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad.
- In the Settings app > Phone > Announce Calls should be set to Always. (Less common)
- Go to the Phone app on your phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top of the page and go to Settings.
- Confirm that Block unknown callers is turned off. If it is on, this can block calls to your Follow Up Boss number.
3. Confirm that no other apps are blocking calls to your phone
If you have another app or service blocking unknown or spam calls to your phone, it may also be blocking calls to your Follow Up Boss number (ie T-Mobile's Scam Shield, Robokiller, Hiya, etc.).
If you've tried these steps and still need help, contact us at email@example.com and let us know what number(s) you were testing with so we can help!