Major carriers including AT&T and T-Mobile are limiting or even blocking texts sent from businesses who have not registered with them. To text through Follow Up Boss, you need to register your Follow Up Boss phone numbers.
Register your Follow Up Boss Phone Numbers
- As the Account Owner, go to Admin > Company in your Follow Up Boss account.
- Click Register your business profile in the upper-right corner.
- Complete the form with your business information. All fields are required unless otherwise noted.
Our texting provider will use this business information to register your Follow Up Boss phone numbers with major carriers. This will ensure your phone numbers are trusted and your texts continue to be delivered to your contacts.
Carriers are cutting down on spam by requiring business registration. This means it's more important than ever to build a good reputation for your numbers so they aren't flagged as spam. Remember to use SMS/Text Best Practices in your business texts.
Tips for Filling Out the Business Profile Registration Form
Carriers require different information depending on the number of phone numbers your account has and the volume of texting your account does. This means you may not see all of the fields below on your form. If you do see the field on your form, it is required to register your business correctly.
Business Profile Registration
It is important that the Business Legal Name and Address exactly match what is on your EIN or BIN registration letter, ie Orlando Real Estate Sales, LLC. This information may be verified by mobile carriers and, if it does not match, can affect your text message deliverability on their networks.
Business Registration Type is the identification number for your business:
- Businesses in United States: Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Businesses in Canada: Provincial Corporation Number
- Alberta Corporation Number
- Ontario Corporation Number (make sure you enter only the numbers after the first two leading zeros)
- British Columbia Corporation Number (make sure the BC prefix is part of the number)
- Saskatchewan Corporation Number
- Nova Scotia Corporation Number
- Quebec Corporation Number
- Manitoba Corporation Number
- If you don't have one, request a Canadian Business Registration Number here
- Businesses in Mexico: VAT ID
- Please enter the numeric portion of your VAT ID.
- If you don't have one, provide the primary corporation registration number or tax ID for your country.
Caller ID Name to Display is optional and can be up to 15 characters long. This will be used for all the numbers on your account, ie OrlandoHomes. Carriers may choose to use this as the Caller ID for calls made through your phone numbers.
Mobile Carrier SMS Registration
Sample Text Messages - These example texts are used during the business registration review process to confirm that you are sending FCC Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)-compliant text messages.
If you are using an Action Plan to auto-text new leads, use the Templates button to quickly pick the text you send leads first.
Registering your business with our texting provider, Twilio, will let the major carriers know that you are a trusted business sending legitimate text messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend you start the process of getting an EIN here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online
In the meantime, please go ahead and fill out the rest of the business registration form with your address, etc.
Does This Apply to My Business?
If you are having issues with your numbers being marked as Spam right now, fill out the business registration information and email us at email@example.com. We can manually register your number with Canadian carriers to help your calls not be labeled as spam.