Follow the steps below to port a number out of Google Voice and into Follow Up Boss:
- Complete and sign the Twilio Letter of Authorization document here: Letter of Authorization
- Unlock the phone number in Google on the Google Voice unlock page: https://voice.google.com/
- On the unlock page, point to the Google Voice number you want to port, and click "Unlock my number."
- Click Continue.
- Pay with your Google Account. You’ll get your receipt by email. (Please note: Unlocking your Google Voice number costs $3, but it's free if your number was originally ported in from a mobile service provider.)
- Forward the email you received from Google with the unlock receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org, and attach the completed Letter of Authorization document (from step 1 above) to the email.
Please note: If you port a number out of Google Voice, Google doesn't support porting that same number back into Google Voice in the future.
For more information about porting a number to Follow Up Boss, including how long it takes, please review our porting guide here.