Tags allow you a flexible way to categorize your contacts. Unlike stages, a contact may have multiple tags!
Applying a Tag to a Contact
When adding a tag for the first time, within the contact's profile, click on "Add tag" on the left side of the page to bring up the tag list. You can select one or multiple tags at once. If you do not see the tag you want, type it in and you will be prompted to create a new tag. When finished, click "Save Tags".
Applying an Existing Tag
Creating a New Tag
Note: Tags have a 64-character limit within Follow Up Boss.
Filtering by Tags
1. Open the filter window, and then click "Add a filter." Type in "tags" to pull up the tags filter:
2. Choose how you'd like to filter for tags and then enter the tag(s) you'd like to apply to that filter.
Note: that you can create multiple tag filters, for example, if you want to create a list where you look for leads with tag Sphere but exclude tag Buyer Lead, you can create two filters. One for including the Sphere tag and then one for excluding the Buyer Lead tag.
Additionally, you can search the following:
- Tags are not empty: this will populate all contacts that have tags
- Tags exclude any: this will let you exclude specific tags
- Tags are empty: this will populate all contacts that do not have tags
Mass Applying or Removing Tags
Apply a tag(s) to multiple contacts at once or take them away at once with these steps.
1. Select all contacts you wish to add/remove tags.
2. Click on the "Add/Remove tags" icon.
3. Type in the tag you wish to add/remove.
Tags can be managed by going to Admin > Tags. All of your tags will be displayed on this page. Tags are sorted alphabetically and you can also search for a specific tag by name. Additionally, tags can be edited and deleted by Admin or Account Owner users on the tags tab. Clicking the "X" to the right of each Tag will delete from all Leads in your Follow Up Boss account. This can not be undone. If you click on the name of the tag, you will be brought to a smart list of leads with that tag.
Note: If all the contacts with a certain tag are in Trash, the tag will show up on this page, but won't be linkable.