Tags allow you a flexible way to categorize your contacts. Unlike stages, a contact may have multiple tags!
How it Works
Applying a Tag to a Contact
When adding a tag for the first time, within the contact's profile, click on "Add tag" on the left side of the page to bring up the tag list. You can select one or multiple tags at once. If you do not see the tag you want, type it in and you will be prompted to create a new tag. When finished, click "Save Tags".
Applying an Existing Tag
Creating a New Tag
Note: Tags have a 64-character limit within Follow Up Boss.
Filtering by Tags
1. Open the filter window, and then click "Add a filter." Type in "tags" to pull up the tags filter:
2. Choose how you'd like to filter for tags and then enter the tag(s) you'd like to apply to that filter.
Note: that you can create multiple tag filters, for example, if you want to create a list where you look for leads with tag Sphere but exclude tag Buyer Lead, you can create two filters. One for including the Sphere tag and then one for excluding the Buyer Lead tag.
Additionally, you can search the following:
- Tags are not empty: this will populate all contacts that have tags
- Tags exclude any: this will let you exclude specific tags
Tags are empty: this will populate all contacts that do not have tags
Mass Applying or Removing Tags
Apply a tag(s) to multiple contacts at once or take them away at once with these steps.
1. Select all contacts you wish to add/remove tags.
2. Click on the "Add/Remove tags" icon.
3. Type in the tag you wish to add/remove.
Tags can be managed by going to Admin > Tags. The number in the used column can be clicked to view a list of the leads with the tag on the people page.
Search tags with the search function in the upper right-hand corner.
Order tags A-Z or Z-A by clicking Name in the upper left-hand corner.
Under actions on the right-hand side, click the Edit Pencil > Make Changes > Update Tag.
Under actions on the right-hand side, click the Trash > Yes, delete tag.
Note: If all the contacts with a certain tag are in Trash, the tag will show up on this page, but won't be linkable.
Mass Delete Tags
Select multiple tags at once by clicking the check box to the left of the tag name. Then choose the trash can icon next to "Clear Selection" to delete multiple tags at once.
Note: To select a long list of tags at once, select the first tag then press and hold shift on the keyboard and then click the last tag. This will select all tags between the two tags clicked.
- Buyer / Seller
- Past Client
- Vendor (can also specify "Photographer" etc.)
- Open House (often labeled with the date or address of the open house so you can follow up with those leads specifically)
- Location tags such as Zip Code or City
- Do Not Call, Do Not Text, or Do Not Email
- Has Agent
- High Value
- Out of Area / Out of State
- Integration-specific tags such as tags needed to connect with YLOPO