Batch emailing gives you the ability to email groups, or "batches," of contacts at once.
Use batch emails to strategically engage every sector of your database by sending targeted messaging that is most relevant to where they are in your pipeline.
How Batch Emails work
Popular Uses for Batch Emails:
- Weekly Check-Ins with Buyers, Sellers, Etc.
- Re-Engage Old or Stale Leads
- Market Updates
- Neighborhood Tours
- Holiday Greetings
- Email contacts a link to your website so the Pixel can start tracking the contact's activity when they click the link.
What Should I Know Before Sending a Batch Email?
The goal of a batch email is to encourage relationships and communication.
The best batch emails are:
- To an expecting audience: Make sure your audience is expecting and wanting an email from you.
- Relevant: Send messaging that resonates most with your audience, for instance, you'll likely be sending different messages to your buyers than your sellers. Use Smart Lists to target your sends.
- Goal-Driven: Always consider the action you would like readers to take once they've read your email.
- Concise: Everyone is busy and you're competing for their attention. Start with a bold headline, then include an email body that's easy to digest. Short, relevant emails with a clear call to action will often receive the most responses.
Before sending a batch email, be sure to check out these Best Practices.
Connecting Your Email
In order to send batch emails, you will first need to connect your email address (How to Connect Your Email). That way, the responses to your batch email will flow into Follow Up Boss.
Each Follow Up Boss customer with a connected email will be able to send up to 10,000 emails per day. To protect the deliverability of your emails, make sure to send emails only to leads that are expecting to hear from you.
Expanding Your Sending
SendGrid is a batch email provider you can integrate with your Follow Up Boss account to send a batch email to more than 10,000 contacts each day. You can select larger volume limits based on your needs (SendGrid Setup).
How to Send a Batch Email
1. Filter down your list to the segment you want to target.
Select the people you want to email and click the bulk email icon:
Or, you can choose everyone by clicking the empty checkbox at the top left, then clicking "Select All":
2. Compose the email you wish to send.
You can use your existing templates and also leverage merge fields. If you need to navigate away from the compose screen, don't worry; we will save a draft of what you wrote so you can easily pick up where you left off.
Pro-tip: Include a link to your website where the Follow Up Boss Pixel is installed and when the lead clicks that link, their website activity will show up in Follow Up Boss. More info on the Pixel here.
3. Choose to include all email addresses. (Optional)
This checkbox is off by default, in which case your email is sent to the primary email address of each selected person. If you check the checkbox, your email is sent to ALL the email addresses listed under the primary contact's name and the emails for relationship contacts as well.
4. Choose to send from yourself or the assigned agent. (Admins only)
Admins can send mass emails on behalf of the assigned agent using our Batch Emailing feature. Replies to these emails will go to the agent for continued engagement.
This is great for ISAs or teams who want to provide marketing services for their agents.
5. Preview your email to see how different merge fields are applied for different people.
If you realize you've made a typo (interested instead of interest in the above example), go back to the compose screen and edit your email. Once ready, just click the Send Email button and Follow Up Boss will take care of the rest.
6. Send now or schedule for later.
Send your email now by clicking "Send Email to _ People" or click the clock icon to schedule your email for the future:
7. You're done!
Your email is now on its way.
Batch Email Reporting
View all of your sent batch emails from the reporting tab.
Click a particular email to drill down into the reporting by the recipient of a particular send.
A few things to remember:
- Open/Click tracking is automatic.
- We send emails through your connected email address.
- Depending on the server's load at the time a batch email is sent, it can take several minutes to send and register the delivery status for the batch email.
- Contacts, not relationships, are counted on the report. This means that if you send your batch email to relationships and either person opens/clicks on the email, the contact will be counted once. If both people open/click the email, the contact will still be counted once on the report. On the contact's timeline, you can see who opened or clicked the email.