When exporting iPhone contacts, it's downloaded in a VCF file and needs to be converted to a CSV file to import into Follow Up Boss. There are several ways to convert VCF to CSV depending on how large the file is and whether you have a Mac or a PC. You can also manually add contacts using these steps.
If you have an iPhone & Mac
- Open the Contacts app on your Mac
- Open Numbers on your Mac
- Select All Contacts by clicking on one contact and then pressing Cmd+A
- Click and Drag all contacts from Contacts to Numbers, like this.
- In Numbers, click File > Export as CSV
- Import the CSV to Follow Up Boss using these steps: Importing Contacts
If you have a PC
Export contacts as VCF
Apple iCloud steps for exporting VCFs can be found here.
- In Contacts on iCloud.com, select All Contacts you want to export from the contacts list
- Clickin the sidebar, then choose Export vCard
Convert VCF to CSV
If your file is less than 20 MB and you have Google Contacts, import your VCF to Google Contacts.
Note: If your file is more than 20 MB or you don't have Google Contacts, email your VCF file to email@example.com and we can help with the import.
- Open Google Contacts and click Import.
- Add a Label to imported contacts so you can easily find the contacts from your phone.
- Select the VCF File to import
- Select all Contacts using the checkboxes on the left
- Under More Actions, choose Export
- Choose the Google CSV option
- Import the CSV to Follow Up Boss using these steps: Importing Contacts.
Using Follow Up Boss with Your iPhone
With the Follow Up Boss app on your iPhone, our Caller ID will automatically identify Follow Up Boss contacts when they call. Add new contacts to Follow Up Boss either from your computer or the Follow Up Boss app on your phone. Check out this iPhone App Overview to get familiar with the app!