Switching CRMs doesn't have to be painful. The team here at Follow Up Boss is here to help. If you are coming from Contactually, here's what we want you to know.
Importing contacts from Contactually
When importing from Contactually, here's what we recommend:
- Map your Buckets column to Tags. After you upload your CSV file into Follow Up Boss (see: importing contacts), you'll be given the chance to match the columns in your spreadsheet to data point in Follow Up Boss. For your buckets column choose Tags.
- It's common to have a ton of Social Media/Website columns. Only import the information you will actually use. If you want some of this information we recommend importing those columns to Custom Fields or Notes.
- If any contacts have more than 6 emails, phones, and/or addresses, map the first 6 to the correct fields and put the rest in a Note.
- Anniversary and Date Fields are best mapped to a Custom Date Field in FUB
Need help importing? Send your file to email@example.com 😀
Follow Up Boss smart lists vs. Contactually buckets
Contactually utilizes "Buckets." Buckets correspond most closely to Smart Lists in Follow Up Boss, but they are not exactly the same. Here are some ways you organize contacts in Follow Up Boss.
- Stage = main categorization of a contact (ie Lead, Hot, Nurture, Closed)
- Tags = extra detail to help group people (ie VIPs, Silver Springs, PTA, Condo buyer)
- Smart lists = saved searches of people in your database based on the filter you choose (ie anyone in the stage of hot that you haven't contacted in a week)
Turning buckets into smart lists
If you've imported your buckets as tags into Follow Up Boss, you can easily filter for a bucket tag and then save a smart list. You can also mass update the stage of those contacts if needed.
Note: In Contactually you select people that should be in your buckets. In Follow Up Boss, we will your smart lists with the people that match your filters (automatically). This makes your lists dynamic. If someone matched your list criteria today, they will be in your list. If they don't match your criteria tomorrow, they won't.
For more on smart lists, check out our Smart Lists Overview.
Creating leads in Follow Up Boss
Getting your new leads flowing into Follow Up Boss automatically frees up your time and prevents leads from slipping through the cracks, so you can focus on building relationships and growing your business.
- Follow Up Boss can automatically pull-in your new leads the moment you get them. There are 3 basic ways Follow Up Boss can capture your leads: Email, API or the Pixel. See more here.
- If you are wanting to automatically sync your Google contacts (like you did in Contactually), you use Zapier for that. See more here.
- You can also easily create one-off leads by manually adding contacts to Follow Up Boss.