Google Voice numbers can be ported to Follow Up Boss by following the steps below. Once the port is complete, the number will no longer be in Google Voice but can be accessed in Follow Up Boss.
Google Voice Porting Instructions
- Complete and sign the Twilio Letter of Authorization document
- Unlock the phone number in Google on the Google Voice unlock page
- On the unlock page, point to the Google Voice number you want to port and click Unlock my number
- Click Continue
- Pay with your Google Account. You’ll get your receipt by email. (Please note: Unlocking your Google Voice number costs $3, but it's free if your number was originally ported in from a mobile service provider.)
- Forward the email you received from Google with the unlock receipt to email@example.com and attach the completed Letter of Authorization document (from step 1 above) to the email.
Note: If you port a number out of Google Voice, Google doesn't support porting that same number back into Google Voice in the future.
For more information about porting a number to Follow Up Boss, including how long it takes, please review our porting guide here.