Zillow/Trulia seamlessly integrates with Follow Up Boss via a proprietary API connection called Zillow Tech Connect (ZTC). This article shows the step by step setup instructions to send Zillow/Trulia leads to Follow Up Boss (including what type of leads do and do not transfer to Follow Up Boss via ZTC).
1. Login to Zillow Premier Agent (https://premieragent.zillow.com/crm/agentlogin/) and click "Settings" in the menu under your picture.
2. Click "Edit Account Settings". You may be asked to log in to your Premier Agent account again.
3. Under "Account," click "Connect to My CRM"
4. Select 'Follow Up Boss' as the partner
5. Enter the email address you use to login to Follow Up Boss as the Partner ID
6. Click Save and you should now see the status as Active.
Zillow Lead Type Definitions
Direct Listing Inquiries (EMAIL) - These inquiries are submitted directly from an active Zillow or Trulia listing and are sent to a Zillow Premier Agent.
Profile Inquiry - These inquiries are submitted from an agent's Zillow or Trulia profile.
Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE) - When a potential lead calls Zillow or Trulia unique phone number (found under Settings > Notifications in Premier Agent), the call will be routed directly to an agent's phone.
Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections) - Zillow Concierge reaches out to a potential lead via phone, qualifies the lead, and forwards the lead to an agent's phone
If Zillow has spoken to a lead before they send it to us, the lead will have a "Zillow Connected" tag added when added. So this tag can be used on the lead flow screen to apply a different action plan to such leads, or assign them to a different agent.
If Zillow has directly assigned a lead to an agent for which there is no matching Follow Up user, we now follow lead flow as normal. In these cases, a "Zillow Agent Not Found" tag is added to the lead, so again these leads can be given a different action plan or assigned to a different user on the lead flow screen.
Zillow Lead Routing
As an alternative to using lead routing in Follow Up Boss for Zillow/Trulia leads, Follow Up Boss also supports the direct assignment of most lead types via Zillow lead routing. This setup allows you to route leads according to Zillow's routing rules in order to keep the assigned agent synced in both Follow Up Boss and Zillow Premier Agent.
Here are the current routing methods for Zillow Lead Routing (found under Team > Routing Rules in Zillow Premier Agent):
- Direct assignment - Directly assigns the lead to a specific agent
- Routing by Percentage - Assigns a certain % of leads to certain agents
- Routing by Round Robin - Distributes leads equally in a circle
- Routing by Broadcast - All agent's phones ring simultaneously; the first one to pick up claims the lead (not supported by ZTC or Follow Up Boss Zillow Sync)
|Lead Type||ZTC Supported||Follow Up Boss Sync Supported|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE)|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (EMAIL)||✓||✓|
|Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections)||✓||✓|
|Zillow/Trulia Rental Lead|
- Zillow/Trulia rental leads can be sent to Follow Up Boss via email parsing: How to setup Zillow Rentals
Note: The Zillow "Respond First" feature will cause a 3-4 minute delay in the lead transfer from Zillow to Follow Up Boss if enabled. That feature can be disabled in Zillow Premier Agent by clicking on Settings > Notifications > Edit Premier Agent Concierge > Disable Status.