Follow Up & Convert Zillow Leads Faster
Zillow & Trulia seamlessly integrates with Follow Up Boss via a proprietary API connection called Zillow Tech Connect (ZTC).
Through this powerful connection you are able to:
- Rapidly get leads into your Follow Up Boss account the moment they are created.
- Automatically distribute leads based on the rules you set including via Zip Code, Price Point, MLS number, Round Robin or First to Claim. Or, we can match the distribution done by Zillow.
- Instantly engage leads with an instant text, included in a high-performance action plan that's pre-loaded into your account. Many of our customers a 50%-70% response rate on this messaging.
- Dial through leads with just a click using Call Lists.
This article shows the step by step setup instructions to send Zillow/Trulia leads to Follow Up Boss (including what type of leads do and do not transfer to Follow Up Boss via ZTC).
Level Up Your Follow Up
Your Zillow leads are valuable. Follow Up Boss is here to help you lock in that listing, close that client, and get a leg up on competitors.
Accelerate your success by engaging leads using these best practices:
Ace the First Call
Impress and engage your leads immediately. Learn how to win the first phone call, plus snag scripts you can use right away: Conquer the First Call Like a Boss - Winning Inbound Buyer Leads [Webinar Recording]
Follow Up with the Right People at the Right Time
Learn how to convert more leads in less time: Recommended Smart Lists
Nurture Your Leads the Right Way
Discover how to nurture your leads like a boss and set more successful first appointments: How To Nurture Your Leads - [Webinar Recording]
Popular Feature: Automatically Dial Your Zillow Leads
Call through your Zillow leads with just a couple of clicks! Use our automated dialing feature to get your hottest leads on the phone, power through lead nurturing, and re-engage stale leads.
Two Minute Setup
Integrating Follow Up Boss with Zillow is a quick and simple process.
1. Login to Zillow Premier Agent (https://premieragent.zillow.com/crm/agentlogin/) and click "Settings" in the menu under your picture.
2. Click "Connect to My CRM" and then "Continue to Connect My CRM"
3. Click "Add Partner"
4. Select 'Follow Up Boss' as the partner.
5. Enter the email address you use to login to Follow Up Boss as the Partner ID:
6. Click Save and you should now see the status as Active.
Traditional Zillow Lead Type Definitions
There are four primary lead types from Zillow. These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow.
Direct Listing Inquiries (EMAIL) - These inquiries are submitted directly from an active Zillow or Trulia listing and are sent to a Zillow Premier Agent.
Profile Inquiry - These inquiries are submitted from an agent's Zillow or Trulia profile.
Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE) - When a potential lead calls Zillow or Trulia unique phone number (found under Settings > Notifications in Premier Agent), the call will be routed directly to an agent's phone.
Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections) - Zillow Concierge reaches out to a potential lead via phone, qualifies the lead, and forwards the lead to an agent's phone
If Zillow has spoken to a lead before they send it to us, the lead will have a "Zillow Connected" tag added when added.
Flex Program Leads
The Zillow Flex Program provides live connections to home shoppers without requiring an upfront investment in advertising.
These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow Flex.
Zillow Offers is a platform that provides homeowners with cash offers on their home and allows them to close at a date of their choosing.
These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow Offers.
As an alternative to using lead routing in Follow Up Boss for Zillow/Trulia leads, Follow Up Boss also supports the direct assignment of most lead types via Zillow lead routing. This setup allows you to route leads according to Zillow's routing rules in order to keep the assigned agent synced in both Follow Up Boss and Zillow Premier Agent.
Agent Matching Criteria:
- We identify Zillow agents in Follow Up Boss by using the email or phone number associated with their FUB profile.
- If Zillow has directly assigned a lead to an agent for which there is no matching Follow Up user, we now follow lead flow as normal. In these cases, a "Zillow Agent Not Found" tag is added to the lead.
Lead Routing Methods:
Here are the current routing methods for Zillow Lead Routing (found under Team > Routing Rules in Zillow Premier Agent):
- Direct assignment - Directly assigns the lead to a specific agent
- Routing by Percentage - Assigns a certain % of leads to certain agents
- Routing by Round Robin - Distributes leads equally in a circle
- Routing by Broadcast - All agent's phones ring simultaneously; the first one to pick up claims the lead
|Lead Type||ZTC Supported||Follow Up Boss Sync Supported|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE)|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (EMAIL)||✓||✓|
|Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections)||✓||✓|
|Zillow/Trulia Rental Lead|
- Zillow/Trulia rental leads can be sent to Follow Up Boss via email parsing: How to setup Zillow Rentals
Note: The Zillow "Respond First" feature will cause a 3-4 minute delay in the lead transfer from Zillow to Follow Up Boss if enabled. That feature can be disabled in Zillow Premier Agent by clicking on Settings > Notifications > Edit Premier Agent Concierge > Disable Status.
- Zillow Offer Seller leads will have a Source name of ZillowOffers and a contact type of Seller
- Traditional Seller leads will have a Source name of Zillow and a contact type of Seller
Differentiate various types of Zillow leads in your lead flow rules to trigger different action plans and/or assign those leads to different people.
- Zillow Open House
- Zillow No Response
- Zillow Property Tour
- Zillow Not Ready
- Zillow Renter
- Zillow Connected
- Zillow Direct Call
Action Plans & Routing for Phone or Unassigned Leads
Using the tags sent by Zillow, you can apply different action plans or assign leads to a different agent.
You may choose to send specially tailored action plans to leads that reached out to you via phone. For instance, an action plan that doesn't include an initial text or one that emphasizes setting an appointment.
Available Phone Tags:
- Zillow Connected - Applied when Zillow spoke to the lead first.
- Zillow Direct Call - Applied to leads marked as, "direct call from a consumer."
Setting Up the Rule:
If Zillow assigns a lead to an agent who is not in Follow Up Boss, you can choose to have those leads routed to a team admin or other user in your Follow Up Boss account.
Here's how that is setup: