With Follow Up Boss Action Plans, you can automatically send an initial text autoresponder, trigger drip emails, assign tasks, and so much more! Below is a list of actions that can be completed with an action plan:
- Send a text autoresponder
- Send drip emails
- Assign tasks
- Change a contact's stage
- Add or remove collaborators for a contact
- Add a note (and notify someone(s)
- Add or remove tags on a contact
- Pause other running action plans
How it Works
How to Create an Action Plan
1. Navigate to Admin > Action Plans
2. Click the + Action Plan button in the upper right-hand corner
3. Add Folder (optional)
4. Name the action plan
5. Check Automatically pause this action plan when the lead responds (optional)
Checking this option is recommended to prevent sending contacts automated emails/follow-ups after they have responded. Checking this option will automatically pause the action plan when any of the following actions occur:
- Contact or relationship replies to you via email
- Contact or relationship replies to you via text
- A phone call lasting more than 2.5 minutes in duration (logged through the calling feature or FUB mobile app calling). The 2.5-minute duration is in place to prevent short calls or voicemails from pausing the action plan. If you are logging a call manually through the desktop version, you should manually pause the plan.
6. Check Include all email addresses for email steps (optional)
- Sends email steps to all emails listed on the lead profile, including relationships.
7. Check Share with everyone (optional)
- This shares the action plan with your team members.
8. Add initial text message to send to new web leads (optional)
9. Create Action Plan Steps
- Run: Set action plan step to run X amount of days after the previous step
- Action: Select create task, send email, change stage, add note, add tag(s), remove tag(s), remove all tags, add collaborators, remove collaborators, remove all collaborates, pause all other action plans, or pause specific action plan
- Add Steps (optional): Click add steps to continue building the action plan
10. Save in the upper right-hand corner
How to Apply an Action Plan to a Lead
There are 3 ways to apply an action plan to a lead:
1. Manually Assign an Action Plan on the lead profile
2. Automatically trigger an action plan on new leads using the Lead Flow Page
3. Trigger an Action Plan on existing leads using Automations
Note: Action Plans can not be mass applied. Check out Batch Emailing to send a marketing email to multiple people at once.
Creating & Changing Action Plans
Using Action Plans
Go to Admin > Action Plans for a look at your action plan performance. Look for the "Active" and "Engaged" columns. The active column will show you how many contacts are currently on the action plan. Engaged will show you replies to action plan emails. You can click the blue numbers to see a list of all contacts that are Active, Completed, or Engaged.
An initial email set to be sent on day zero is sent immediately after the action plan is applied to a contact. Other emails configured for the 2nd day or later are sent daily around 9 am (per the timezone of the user's settings). Non-email actions completed by an action plan will be posted at around 5 am (per the timezone of the user's settings) on the morning they are due.
The maximum number of action plan emails that can be sent daily is 4.
Yes. Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s action plans page. Click the Duplicate icon (two pieces of paper stacked) to duplicate the action plan (admins only).
Each Action Plan email will automatically display an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. When a contact unsubscribes from an action plan email, they will be auto-tagged as "unsubscribed" in your FUB database, and they will be blocked from receiving marketing emails in the future.
Note: Individual, 1:1 emails can still be sent to unsubscribed contacts (only action plan emails are blocked from sending).
There are various reasons why an action plan email may not have been delivered. To learn more, check out Why did my action plan fail to send?