⭐️ Automatically reassigning leads that have not been followed up with, and delaying action plan steps by minutes or hours instead of days are feature requests. If you're interested in these features being added, please be sure to vote for them on the roadmap!
Remember: Smart lists are the foundation of a solid follow-up system
If your team hasn't already set up your follow-up processes using smart lists, start here!
When your smart lists are dialed in, you and your team will have an airtight process for following up with new & active leads consistently. This Smart Lists Overview guide has everything you need to know to get started with smart lists!
Automation is a great complement to your smart lists. For example, if you want new leads who have not been contacted by the agent to be reassigned to someone else, you can use one of these two options.
Setting up the Automation in Follow Up Boss
On the second day, this automation will check whether a new lead has been followed up with and reassign them to someone else if they are still in the Lead stage and have not been called, texted, or emailed by the agent.
Click here to preview and use this automation
- Add the tag Lead Check 1 to a test lead. This will create the tag so you can use it in the automation.
- Add a Step to the action plan that is started automatically by your Lead Flow rules. This step should happen on the 2nd Day and add the Lead Check 1 tag. This will add the tag around 8 am on the day after the lead was created. Save your change.
- Make sure the action plan(s) are Set on any Lead Sources you want this to run for on the Lead Flow page.
- Create the following Automation:
- Choose Tag Added as the trigger and select Lead Check 1 tag.
- Add whatever specific conditions you want to check for. For example, Stage is Lead and Last Communication is empty.
- Add Action to Reassign the Lead to the desired Group, Pond, or Agent.
- Name the automation
- Save and Enable
Advanced: Setting up the Automation in Zapier
Note: This requires a Zapier account that allows multi-step zaps.
- Create a zap that's Triggered by a new contact being a with New contact is created in Follow Up Boss
- Add a Delay step and Set the Desired Delay, ie 2 hours.
- In the Action step, add a Tag.
- In Follow Up Boss, create an Automation:
- Choose Tag Added as the trigger and select the Tag your zap will add.
- Add a Conditions step to filter by Your Criteria, such as Last Communication is empty.
- Add Action to Reassign the lead to the desired Group, Pond, or Agent.
- Name the Automation
- Save and Enable