With RealScout connected to FUB, you can:
- Backfill existing leads from FUB into RealScout
- Sync new leads from FUB into RealScout as they are added to FUB
- Assign leads in RealScout based on assignments in FUB
- Push activity information from RealScout to FUB
- Add custom fields and associated data to FUB
- Allow individual agent level opt out
Note: The RealScout API integration must be completed by the owner of the account.
- Create a Follow Up Boss API Key by going to Admin > API
- Select Create API Key
- Name the API Key RealScout > Create API Key
- Press Copy
- Log In to RealScout
- On the left-hand side, go to Extras > Integrations
- Find Follow Up Boss and enter your Follow Up Boss API Key > Connect
- Now that you've connected your account you have a few different configuration options available to you.
Lead Syncing from FUB to RS
The integration allows lead flow from FUB to RS via two methods: Backfill and ongoing sync. In both cases, the Account Owner can choose to limit which leads are imported by clicking the configuration option "Import Tagged Leads" and specifying which tags to import, during integration set up.
If the account owner selects the "Transfer Leads" option, the system will attempt to transfer leads between agents based on FUB data. In order for this to work the receiving agent must be one of the team members displayed in the FUB integration pane.
If the account owner selects the "Delete Leads" option, the system will delete leads in RealScout when they are moved to the Trash stage in FUB, or when the agent uses the "Delete People" (hard delete) functionality in FUB. Per RealScout's data retention policy, client accounts that have been deleted will have all information purged within 30 days of being marked for deletion.
Pushing Activity To FUB
All agents that are part of an integration with the "Enabled" option selected will automatically have activity data pushed from RS to FUB. The system currently pushes the following data types:
Marking a property as interested
FUB will either push that activity into an existing lead’s profile or create a new lead and then push the activity data. FUB matches lead profiles based on email first and phone number second. Since RS phone numbers are not unique within RS, RS is only passing up email data and any newly created lead profiles in FUB will not include phone number data from RS.
Activity data will appear in the bottom right pane of FUB and the property links will link back to the agent view of the property in RS. The "View in RealScout" button will link back to the client’s profile page in RS. Certain activities will also be highlighted in the center dashboard in FUB.
Custom fields are a feature of FUB that allow RS to push arbitrary data from RealScout into FUB. They are controlled from FUB by the account owner or via API access through the Account Owner’s API token. They can be seen from FUB within the Admin section.
Once a custom field is available, data can be populated in that field for each client within the FUB account.
RealScout currently uses four custom fields:
RealScout Home Value Alert Count: Number of active HVAs. An active HVA is one that is not disabled.
- RealScout Market Alert Count: Number of active market alerts. An active market alert has a schedule that is not manual.
RealScout Listing Alert Count: Number of active listing alerts. An active listing alert has a schedule that is not disabled.
- RealScout Alerts Link: URL that links back to the agent’s view of the client’s alert page.
Custom fields can be used to create Smart Lists in FUB by filtering on values.
Custom Fields available for filtering:
RealScout beta feature: Listing Alert Automation
Beta flag: fub-automate-listing-alerts
Integration admins with the beta flag will now have the option to select Automate Listing Alerts from their FUB configuration.
With this option selected, all future leads that have an associated Property Inquiry Event in FUB with the appropriate data will automatically receive a basic listing alert. The minimum data needed is:
- Zip code
The listing alert will have the following criteria:
- Location: Zip code from the property inquiry
- Minimum Price: Price * .7
- Maximum Price: Price * 1.15
- Schedule: Daily
Selecting this option will apply this feature to all team members. Additionally, this does not currently backfill existing leads with searches. It only applies to leads received after the option is turned on. Finally, the lead must come into RealScout with an existing Property Inquiry Event. Leads that get updated with an event after they have been imported into RealScout will not receive an automated listing alert.
Watch the video explanation here.
Alternative setup: Zapier
Endless possibilities when connecting Follow Up Boss and RealScout via Zapier!
- Log In or create a free account at Zapier.com
- Click Make a New Zap
- In the What apps do you want to connect today? section, set your fields as shown below:
- Click the blue, Use Zap button
- Step 1. of your Zap should look like the following:
- Next, click where it says, Choose Account. From there, you'll get a pop-up window asking for your RealScout API Key.
- The last step of the RealScout portion will allow you to Find Data and Test Lead
- From there, click Done Editing
- Step 2. of your Zap is where we will configure the Follow Up Boss portion. Make sure that the first portion is set to, New Inquiry or Website Event in the Choose App & Event section:
- After clicking, Continue you'll be asked to sign in to your Follow Up Boss account. After signing in, click Continue.
- Set the Event Type to Registration and proceed with Filling in the Template using the dropdowns to the right of each field:
- Choose to continue to Send a Test to Follow Up Boss. Confirm that your test made it through to Follow Up Boss and then Turn on the Zap.