Two-factor authentication is an optional security feature for Facebook Business Manager that requires users to enter a special security code each time they try to access Business Manager from a new computer or mobile phone. Once you’ve turned on two-factor authentication for your Business Manager, all users must also turn on two-factor authentication for their Facebook accounts to access Business Manager. When connecting Follow Up Boss to Facebook and your account is missing Two Factor Authentication you will see the following warning.
Turn on two-factor authentication for Business Manager
In Business Settings, in the People section, you can see which users have two-factor authentication turned on. Under each person’s name, you’ll see ‘Two-factor authentication not set up for users who haven’t set it up. These users will not be able to access your Business Manager until they turn on two-factor authentication for their Facebook account. If a user already has set it up, you won’t see this message.
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication: Business Account
- Go to Business Settings
- Go to Business Info and click Edit
- Below Two-Factor Authentication, choose Required for everyone or Required for Admins only. To turn off two-factor authentication, choose Not required
- Click Save
Turn on Two-Factor Authentication: Personal Account
- Go to your Security and Login Settings
- Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit
- Choose the security method you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions