Want to send holiday cards or other mailers to your database? You can easily create mailing labels from Follow Up Boss. Please Note: Labels are formatted to comply with the USPS guidelines for delivery addresses.
How To Create Mailing Labels
1. Find the right people: Go to People and Filter to the list of contacts you want mailing labels for
2. Filter your list for contacts with addresses: Add the filter Address > Is Not Empty to filter out contacts without an address
3. Select who you want to print labels for: Select certain people from the list OR check the box in the upper left-hand corner of the top row to Select All
4. Choose the Mailing Label Mass Action: Click on the person icon and choose Mailing Label
5. Select your desired label format
Note: If you don't check a box in this step, we will create a mailing label for the main contact and first address on the lead profile.
6. Downloading Labels: The labels will download in the background and you will see a progress notification in the bottom left of the window. Open the downloaded file to print. You will also be sent an email with a link to the labels.
Creating a label for relationships
If in step 5 you chose to create a label for relationships, here's what to expect:
- We will create a mailing label with the main contact and relationship contact names with the first address listed for the main contact.
- The relationship type needs to be labeled as one of the following: Spouse, Wife, Husband, Domestic Partner, Partner, Girlfriend, Boyfriend
- Relationships cannot have an address listed
- Prints separate mailing labels for the main contact and relationship if they both have addresses listed (even if it is the same address).
- If there is more than one relationship listed, a mailing label for the main contact and first address on the lead profile will be printed (relationships will not be included).
Creating a label for each unique address (for recipients with multiple addresses)
If in step 5 you chose this option, we will create a mailing label for each address listed for the main contact (this doesn't include relationship addresses).
- Uncheck 'Fit to page' for scale and make sure the scale value is 100%.
- Select 'Letter' for paper size.
- Check the alignment of your printed layout by first printing on a plain sheet of paper. Hold the printed sheet behind the Avery product to confirm alignment then print onto the Avery product.
- Use Avery labels that are compatible with the Avery 5160 template. Each sheet prints 30 labels.
- If the contact and the relationship share a last name, their last name will be listed once (e.g. John & Jane Doe). Otherwise, both last names will be listed (e.g. John Smith & Jane Doe).
- We will use the name in the name column for the name on the label. If you need to edit the names before printing the mailing labels, export the list to a CSV file and use Mail Merge to make the labels.