Need to export a copy of your contacts? You can quickly and easily download your database and contact information from the People page in Follow Up Boss. Your export will download to your computer as a CSV file so you have a spreadsheet to upload to another system, to save to your files as backup, print, or to use for any other reason you see fit!
How it Works
How to Export
- Go to People > All People
- Filter to the desired contacts
- Check the box next to Name > Select All link in blue
- Export (upward arrow icon)
- Check the box to export All Columns to export all contact information (optional). Note: If this box is not checked, only the exposed columns on the people page will be exported.
- Yes, Export People
- The file will then download onto your computer
Who can export?
Exporting contacts is available to account owners by default. Account owners can grant or revoke exporting access to their users by going to Admin > Team and selecting the Can Export checkbox.
- Exporting never removes data from Follow Up Boss.
- When an agent or admin completes an export, the account owner will receive an email notification letting them know the export took place and by who.
Please Note: When exporting phone number, email address, and address, we will only export the first number or address shown for each contact. If you need any additional phone numbers, email addresses, or street addresses, use the Export all columns option.
Exporting Contacts is simple. Go to any list of people, select who you want to export, click the Export (upward arrow icon) > Yes, Export People.
You can export contacts who are in ponds, but the pond name is not included in the export. If you want to export pond assignments, use Mass Actions to tag contacts in the pond with the pond name. Tags are included on the export and can be used to identify which pond the contacts were in.
Yes, check out Exporting Reports to a Spreadsheet for more information.
- Relationship # Last Name
- Relationship # Type
- Relationship # Phone [1-6]
- Relationship # Phone [1-6] - Type
- Relationship # Email [1-6]
- Relationship # Email [1-6] - Type
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Street
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - City
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - State
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Zip
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Country
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Type
For all email, phone, and address columns, we export a maximum of six items. For example, if the Export all columns option is enabled when you do an export, and a person has multiple phone numbers in the database, the first phone number will be exported under the "Phone 1" column, the second in "Phone 2", etc. If the Export all columns option is not enabled, we will export the first phone, address, and email on the profile.
The most recent 50 calls, texts, and notes are included when exporting all columns.
Choose the "export all columns" option to export the most recent 50 text messages. Note: 3rd party texts, such as Raiya (Ylopo) text messages can also be exported this way, and will show alongside texts sent through FUB texts in the .csv file. They will appear together in chronological order.
If a zip code starts with 0, you will find that Excel automatically removes that number from the exported zip code. To add the 0 back to the zip code, after exporting, select the row, Format --> Number --> More Formats --> Custom Number Formats, and then type in "00000"