Triggering an automation based on a date is perfect for closings, birthdays, anniversaries, and more! No need to worry about forgetting those special dates, date based automations will take care of your personalized email and remind you of the special day!
Note: Custom fields need to be created by the account owner. Action plans and automations can be created by admin users.
How it Works
How to Set it Up
Create a Date Custom Field
1. Go to Admin > Custom Fields
2. Select Add Custom Field
3. Add a Field Name (describes the date) > Select Date for the Field Type > Check Occurs Every Year
4. Add Field
Create an Action Plan
1. Go to Admin > Action Plans > + Action Plan
2. Create an action plan that completes the action desired on the custom field date. Here is more information on How to Create and Edit Action Plans.
Create the Automation
1. Go to Admin > Automations > + Add Automation
2. Name the automation > Select Calendar Date
3. Select the Custom Field Date (created above) > Set the Number of Days after the custom field date for the automation to run > Done
4. Add Conditions if needed (see Automations Overview)
5. Click + Add Action > Action Plan > Select an Action Plan (created above)
6. If you want the automation to run each year, click Run Once Per Person > Select Run automation multiple times per person > Done
7. Select Save in the upper right-hand corner > Save and Enable