Reserve with Google is a Google product that works hand in hand with Google Local Services Ads to allow prospective customers who see a business's Local Service Ads to contact an agent via phone or email and select a timeslot to create a booking.
How to Enable Google Local Services Ads
Note: Reserve with Google is in beta. If your account doesn't have the Google Local Service Ads integration card (by going to Admin > Integrations), account owners can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to add the Reserve with Google beta. The API integration must be completed by the owner of the account.
- Go to Admin > Integrations
- Select Google Local Service Ads
- Click Add LSA Merchant
- Complete the LSA Campaign Details > Save
What happens after I enable Google Local Service Ads?
After enabling Google Local Service Ads in Follow Up Boss, your account information is matched with your Google Local Service Ads account the following evening. Google matches Follow Up Boss accounts with Google LSA accounts every 24 hours. Once your account is matched, you will see a Book option on your Google Local Service Ads next to the call button (shown below).
How does it work?
What the Lead Sees
1. When looking at Google Local Service Ads, they have the option to Call or Book with an agent.
2. After selecting Book, they will be prompted to choose Buyer Agent Services or Seller Agent Services by selecting Schedule.
3. Next, they will choose a Booking Time.
Note: Booking times are 1-hour timeslots between 9 am and 8 pm in the account's timezone configured on the Company page. Leads will be able to schedule appointments between these times regardless of existing appointments that are already scheduled because these are high-value leads. In those cases, it's best to use the appointment as an opportunity to intro and reschedule for a better time that works for both parties. For extended downtime (i.e. going on vacation), the book link can be disabled temporarily from the integration settings in FUB.
4. The lead will then enter their Contact Details. If they are logged into Google, their information will be automatically collected.
5. They will then Confirm the Booking and receive a Confirmation Email from Google. Google then submits the booking request to Follow Up Boss.
What the Agent Sees
Google submits the booking request to Follow Up Boss, which creates a new lead and/or adds the appointment to an existing lead profile.
New leads will be added via the lead flow and distributed based on the Google Local Service Ads source distribution rules in Follow Up Boss. Once an agent is assigned for the lead, an appointment is automatically added to the lead profile and displayed on the assigned agent's calendar.
Note: If a lead is assigned to First to Claim, the appointment creation will be delayed until claimed to create the appointment with the assigned agent.
When a lead books an appointment via Reserve with Google, the lead and appointment information will be automatically added to Follow Up Boss. The assigned agent will be notified of the New Appointment based on their new lead and existing lead Notification Settings.
What if plans change?
If an agent edits or cancels an appointment in Follow Up Boss, a real-time update is sent to Google. Once the update has been received by Google, the lead will be automatically notified (by Google) of the changes.
Note: The appointment email sent to the lead when booking, instructs them to contact the agent directly to reschedule or modify the appointment. Appointments can only be edited by agents.
- The ads account is active, but the ad itself if paused it won't show.
- Especially for more competitive auctions, if the bid/budget is too low, the ad itself may not surface.
- Additional factors that go into ad performance, eg reviews/radius of service area/responsiveness of calls/messages, etc.