The team inbox provides a collaborative space for your team to work incoming communications.
If your account has more than one user, you will have a Team Inbox listed under My Inbox. Any users who have access to this team inbox will be able to view and receive incoming calls and text messages.
Step One: Select Team Inbox Members & Call Routing
- Go to Inbox > Gear Icon in the lower left-hand corner
- You will be directed to Manage All Team Inboxes > New Team Inbox
- Name the Inbox > Edit the Phone Number (optional)
- + Add Team Member or Phone to add users to the inbox
- Toggle the call routing settings for each user.
- Ring Desktop: Calls will ring the desktop of users with the calling add-on.
- Ring Mobile: Calls are routed to the number in the user's settings.
- Press 1 to Answer: Press 1 to Answer ensures every inbound call is answered or sent to the inbox voicemail. This feature prevents calls from going to team members' mobile voicemails.
Note: Press 1 to answer is available when 2 or more mobile numbers are included in the call routing.
When transferring to a Team Inbox, up to 10 agents' cell phones will be called and those agents will not be prompted to press a key before answering the call.
Step Two: Choose What Happens When Your Team Misses a Call
If no one answers, choose to have calle go to voicemail, or forward them to another number.
- Voicemail: Once the inbox is saved, an option to record a customized voicemail will appear here
- Do Not Disturb: When enabled, all calls go to the inbox voicemail or the specified number
- If Outside Office Hours: Manage Office Hours to forward calls to the inbox voicemail or specified number when your team is not in office
- If There's No Answer: When the call is not answered (inside office hours and do not distrub is disabled) send to inbox voicemail or specified number
Step Three: Connect An Email
Connecting an email to a team inbox is great for email@example.com email addresses or email accounts that are managed by a number of users. We will use your email account to send, receive and manage email directly in Follow Up Boss, sync email history with your leads and report on lead source performance.
Note: If an email is connected in a user's settings, it cannot be connected to a team inbox.
Step Four: Save Your Settings
After everything is set up as you like, click Save in the bottom right to confirm the inbox settings.
Team Inbox Numbers
It will be your company number unless you add an additional number to your inbox OR you create an additional inbox.
Yes, here’s how: Port Phone Numbers to Follow Up Boss.
Yes, you can change the phone number associated with this team inbox. If you have already given out this number to clients or printed it on any media then changing this number is not advised. Anyone trying to call the old number will find it out of service. Instead, just add an additional number to that inbox. Here is more information: Edit Virtual Numbers
Yes, you can choose a team inbox number as the default number to use for making calls and sending texts on the desktop and in the mobile apps on the My Settings page on the desktop.
Yes! This is meant to be a marketing line to manage inbound sales calls.
By default, we will ring the Call Routing Team Members based on the inbox settings.
Calls declined on the desktop will not impact call routing, as the call will continue to ring the other team members assigned to receive calls. On mobile, if a call is declined the call will go to your mobile voicemail and will stop ringing everywhere else. To avoid this from happening, enable press 1 to answer.
Yes, add the outside calling system to the outside office hours or if there's no answer settings.