To connect your Microsoft email hosted through GoDaddy, use the instructions below.
First, you will sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here).
In the upper-right corner, select Settings > View all Outlook settings.
Select Mail > Sync email.
You'll see the POP, IMAP and SMTP settings for Microsoft 365. Copy the server name and port number for both IMAP and SMTP.
If you cannot complete this step, please use a different email or contact your system administrator for further instruction.
After you have the IMAP and SMTP host and port settings and Navigate to the classic version of Follow Up Boss by replacing all of the text in the URL after ".com/" with "settings/user". Here is an example:
2. Choose the "Email" tab.
3. Choose "Connect Other Email"
4. Enter in your full email address and password for the email (the same password you would use to log in on Microsoft) and enter the SMTP and IMAP settings from Microsoft. Here's an example of what this looks like:
5. Click "Connect"
Only Incoming or Outgoing Connects
If only one connection succeeds but the other fails, try different credentials:
- IMAP: outlook.office365.com / Port: 993
- SMTP: smtp.office365.com / Port: 587
- IMAP: imap-mail.outlook.com / Port: 993
- SMTP: smtp-mail.outlook.com / Port: 587
If you are given a bad password error, you may be using 2-factor authentication. To sign in, disable 2-factor authentication in Microsoft. You can use this link here. Once you have disabled 2-factor authentication, start the sign-in process again from the top.
Microsoft is deprecating this form of authentication. It is best to switch to a Microsoft Business account, a Google Workspace account or a personal GMail account.