We support connecting with Gmail, Google-hosted, and Office 365 emails in Follow Up Boss. If you are trying to connect a non-Google or Office 365 email address, there are some things you need to know before proceeding.
Note: We do not recommend connecting to a non-Google/Office 365 with your Follow Up Boss account.
What to Expect When Connecting a Non-Google/Office 365 Email Address
When connecting a non-Google/Office 365 email address, please expect the following:
- There is a 50/50 chance that the connection will succeed
- It may become/continue to become disconnected/it won't be a stable connection
- We generally can't support any issues that come up
We have built robust integrations with Google and Office 365 that we will always recommend and can support. There is added functionality when using Google or Office 365 that will bring an overall better experience.
How to connect your non-Google/Office 365 email address to Follow Up Boss
To manually connect your non-Google/Office 365 email address, you will first need the IMAP and SMTP host and port. This is something specific to your email provider and domain. You will likely need to reach out to a system administrator to get this information. Alternatively, you can Google [Your email provider] + SMTP + IMAP where [your email provider] is replaced with your actual email provider. For example, if you are using an @yahoo.com email address, you can google Yahoo SMTP and IMAP
Once you have your IMAP and SMTP host and port, take the following steps:
1. Navigate to the Classic Version of Follow Up Boss by replacing all of the text in the URL after .com/ with settings/user. Here is an example:
2. Choose the Email tab.
3. Choose Connect Other Email
4. Enter your full email address and password in the email field and enter the SMTP and IMAP settings that you found for your email address. Here's an example of what this looks like:
5. Click Connect