Use Relationships to communicate with related contacts in one place.
Think: spouses, business partners, father and son, etc. You can start conversations with more than one person and all communication with these related contacts will show on the same profile. Now it's easy to see the whole conversation and keep everyone in the loop.
Note: If you are needing or wanting two people to be separate contacts in a third party system, keep them separate in Follow Up Boss. If you want to roll up people in a primary relationship instead, use Relationships.
Tip: Merge two test contacts before going ahead and merging a lot of people into Relationships!
How Relationships work:
We have introduced an early build of our upcoming Contact Relationships feature for you to preview. When this Power-Up is enabled via our Power-Ups screen you will notice a new section within your Person & Inbox screen within Follow Up Boss.
From a main contact you'll see a new Relationship section
- Adding a Relationship: By clicking the '+' you can enter in the name and relationship type.
- Relationship Type: You can select an existing type or type in a new type.
- Add contact details: Once a new relationship is saved you can then add contact and address details to that contact.
Merge existing Person
To add an existing contact as a new relationship:
- Click on Merge existing
- Search for the existing person in Follow Up Boss
- Select contact and click Merge
Texting Contact Relationships
Texting a related works the same and you'll notice the related contact in the timeline details as well.
Inbox Contact Relationships
From the Inbox you can also see Contact Relationships.
- Conversation Messages: You can see in the conversation both the primary and related text conversations.
- Related Icon: You will also see a related icon if the conversation has a related contact in it.
- Relationships: You can also quickly edit related contacts
Searching Contact Relationships
You can also search for Contact Relationship and you'll notice a related icon if the search finds a match on a related contact.