Do you have leads assigned to agents who are just too busy to prospect them properly? Every single lead that isn’t actively nurtured is a wasted opportunity to close a potential deal. We built Lead Ponds to help you group those leads into opportunities for your team to actively grab and work.
Here is a quick overview video of our early access Lead Pond feature to get you started.
How It Works
You will find a list of your existing ponds in your Admin section. You can edit or delete each pond in the Actions column. You can also create a new pond by clicking the Add Pond button to the upper right of the list of the ponds
If you click Add Pond you’ll see a pop up that will allow you to name the pond and choose the Agents who can view the pond:
If you choose to edit by clicking the pencil icon, you’ll see a pop up that will let you add or remove Agents. You can click Delete pond to delete the pond in this pop up
Assign Leads to Ponds
You can assign Leads to a pond on the People screen. Click Agent and you will see the Ponds section at the top of the dropdown. Just select the pond you want to assign them to and they’re now in a pond!
Show Leads In Ponds
You can filter your Leads from the people view screen by clicking in the Everyone section and choosing the Pond or View All Ponds selection.
Display Pond Name In Table View
You can quickly view the ponds that your Leads are assigned to by clicking the Columns button, then clicking Assigned in the left column on the dropdown, and then make sure that the Pond checkbox is checked.
- In this early access version we want to hear from you to ensure that this Lead Pond feature is a first-class experience for you. Share your feedback Here is the kown list of what we are currently researching to improve in the next version of the Lead Pond.
- The ability to Mass Assign leads to a pond from the people table
- First To Claim and Round robin notifications of lead activity within a Pond: In this version will notify the person that put the lead in the pond.
- Lead Flows Direct Assignment to a Pond
- Report Auditing /Quota limits for Ponds to help coach the team
- Pause Action Plans: In this version running Action Plans will continue to use the agent information of the Agent that assigned the Lead to the Pond.
- 3rd Party Integration with Ponds. Our partners will need to review how best to incorporate Ponds into their systems. A key example is when querying the /people API endpoint records in a Pond will be excluded by default results similar to how we exclude 'Trash' leads from this partner API call. Partners will have to add the parameter To have add 'includePonds=1' to the query string. In other words if a lead record has assignedPondId set then it will not be returned by the default people end point. This does not impact requesting a specific lead /people/:id will work as usual it is just requesting a list.