Compliance for Texting in Follow Up Boss
To avoid any disruption of the texting service on the Follow Up Boss platform, we require all users to adhere to the FCC and CASL texting standards and the requirements of our carrier.
What Does Compliance Look Like?
The following standards should be used to determine texting compliance:
- All leads need to give consent prior to you texting them for the first time (unless you have established a business relationship with them through means such as a form on your website)
- Initial outreach (first) text messages should include opt-out verbiage such as "Reply STOP to unsubscribe"
- Text reply rate should remain above 30%
- Do NOT cold text leads, import lists of leads and text, copy/paste text lead by lead, or spam text messages using the lead navigator and our text templates
- Avoid spammy language in your text messages (i.e. "Click on this link for more information about how we can save you thousands on your next home")
- Phone numbers on the DNC should NOT be texted
- Avoid texting leads multiple times when you have received no response
- Opt-in consent must be re-affirmed every 18 months
- Filling out a form on a website is NOT an opt-in unless opt-in verbiage is present on the form (stating that you may text them)
- Clearly identify yourself and your call to action on first contact
SMS on our platform is designed for 1 to 1 text messaging between you and client’s that you have an active relationship with. Our platform is not designed for mass texting, drip texting, or solicitation.
We recommend the following options for drip and mass texting outside of our platform:
Disclaimer: Please note that this advice is for informational purposes only and is neither intended as nor should be substituted for consultation with appropriate legal counsel and/or your organization’s regulatory compliance team.