Capture & Track High-Value Leads Using Team Inbox
- Centrally track inbound calls. (E.g. Sign calls, ad inquiries, etc.)
- Seamlessly connect priority leads with someone on your team.
- Handle all calling in one, central system.
- Ensure no calls slip through the cracks!
Streamlining Your Conversations & Optimizing Usage
Our goal with the Team Inbox is to provide our customers with an intuitive way to orchestrate all their personal and team conversations from one place across the web and mobile devices.
- Route all your marketing calls and texts into one team workflow.
- Port all of your numbers to Follow Up Boss so your team works from a central system.
- Get a clear overview of all open communication and immediately see what needs to be addressed.
- Collaborate on calls, texts and emails with your team members.
We want to make it simple for our customers to apply the principles of Inbox Zero (Delegate, Defer, Do Now, Delete) to all their communication channels.
Your ultimate goal is to clear your Inbox each day, the same as you would do for a to-do list. Take action on each conversation, for instance:
- Assigning a conversation to someone else for additional follow up.
- Asking your ISAs to prioritize the most promising opportunities.
- Adding notes, using team mentions, scheduling emails for later, etc.
How to Setup a Team Inbox
The Team Inbox lets your team collaborate on incoming communications to your company number.
Any users who have access to the company inbox will be able to view and receive incoming calls and text messages.
Selecting Team Inbox Members:
1. Click the gear icon under the Inbox tab, then click the edit icon:
2. Choose which team members will have access by checking the box next to their name:
Incoming Call Routing:
By default, we will ring the Calling numbers associated with each user's Follow Up Boss account. You can also choose to add up to five mobile numbers to call:
If you prefer not to ring team members directly, you can choose to have calls go to voicemail or be forwarded to an outside number.
If no one answers, choose to have callers go to voicemail, or forward them to another number:
By default, your Team Inbox will route 24 hours a day. Add office hours to forward calls to voicemail or a separate number outside of these times.
1. Office hours are set under Admin > Company:
2. You can also designate special hours for weekends if you prefer:
3. Once your office hours are set, you'll see the option to create rules inside of your Team Inbox.
Connecting an Email to the Team Inbox
To make collaboration more seamless, you can also choose to connect an email address to your Team Inbox. When you connect an email to your shared inbox all emails to that email address will be pulled into the team inbox.
Once connected, you can choose to personalize how the connected email displays as the Sender. You can type a name, choose to personalize it with the agent's name or do a combination!
Saving Your Settings:
After everything is set up as you like, be sure to click "Save" at the bottom right to lock in all changes:
- Calls & Texts From Existing Contacts: Automatically routed to the assigned agent.
- Calls & Texts From Unknown Numbers: Follow the rules set up in your Team Inbox.
Viewing Calls and Text Messages
Click the Team Inbox to view incoming text messages and missed calls to your team number.
If the Team Inbox has more than one number, the phone label will be present to indicate which number was called:
If you have more than one active team member on an item in the inbox, you will see an indicator in the bottom left of the item in the conversation list and the team member's avatar across from the contacts name:
Collaborating with the Team Inbox
Delegate follow up to your team members by @mentioning them in a note or assigning them a conversation directly.
To assign a conversation, use the dropdown at the top right:
When you are assigned a conversation, you will receive a push notification on your iOS device and on your browser.
You can also @mention them in a note:
@mentions will trigger an email notification to the person mentioned.
What Is My Team Inbox Number?
Every Follow Up Boss account comes with a unique phone number that you can use to receive incoming phone calls and text messages, and is also used for outgoing text messages.
To view or edit your team number:
1. Go to Admin > Company:
2. Scroll to the "Virtual Phone" section:
3. Click the edit icon to change your number (optional):
Who Has Access to This Feature?
The Team Inbox is accessible to any Follow Up Boss account that has:
- Texting Capability
- More Than One User