Zillow & Trulia seamlessly integrate with Follow Up Boss via a proprietary API connection called Zillow Tech Connect (ZTC). This integration syncs new Zillow leads and agent assignments from Zillow to Follow Up Boss. If you use Zillow Flex, you can connect via this one-way sync or the Zillow Flex Two Way Sync.
Connecting the Zillow One Way Sync API Integration
- Log in to Zillow Premier Agent
- Click on your Image in the upper right-hand corner > Settings
- Under General, click App Integrations
- Click Link App under One Way Integrations (See this article for the Zillow Two Way Sync)
- Under Choose a Partner, select Follow Up Boss > Next
- Enter your Follow Up Boss Login Email as the Subscriber Identifier
- Click Save
- The status of the integration will appear as Active
New Lead Inquiries
When new leads come from Zillow, they will be synced into Follow Up Boss automatically. To add existing Zillow leads, export them from Premier Agent and import them to Follow Up Boss.
- Click the Contacts tab in Premier Agent.
- Click Export CSV in the upper-right corner. This will download a CSV of your past Zillow leads.
- In Follow Up Boss, go to Admin > Import, and upload the CSV. We'll recognize it as a Zillow file and match the columns for you! Once the import completes, your past Zillow leads will be in Follow Up Boss.
Existing Lead Inquiries
When lead is already in your Follow Up Boss account and inquires on Zillow again, their existing lead profile will be updated with the new inquiry. If the lead is assigned to one agent in Follow Up Boss and another agent talks to them on a Zillow call, the lead will not be automatically reassigned in Follow Up Boss. Reassigning the lead in Premier Agent will automatically reassign the lead in Follow Up Boss, or you can reassign the lead directly in Follow Up Boss.
If you are using Zillow's routing rules for new leads instead of Follow Up Boss', set the distribution to the default user on the Lead Flow rules in Follow Up Boss. Advanced Lead Flow Rules can be used to start a specific action plan.
Agent Matching Criteria:
- We identify Zillow agents in Follow Up Boss by using the email or phone number associated with their FUB profile.
- If Zillow assigns a lead to an agent who is not in Follow Up Boss, the lead will be assigned using the Lead Flow rules in Follow Up Boss and the tag "Zillow Agent Not Found" is added to the lead.
Lead Routing Methods:
Here are the current routing methods for Zillow Lead Routing (found under Team > Routing Rules in Zillow Premier Agent):
- Direct assignment - Directly assigns the lead to a specific agent
- Routing by Percentage - Assigns a certain % of leads to certain agents
- Routing by Round Robin - Distributes leads equally in a circle
- Routing by Broadcast - All agent's phones ring simultaneously; the first one to pick up claims the lead
|Lead Type||ZTC Supported||Follow Up Boss Sync Supported|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE)|
|Direct Listing Inquiry (EMAIL)||✓||✓|
|Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections)||✓||✓|
|Zillow/Trulia Rental Lead|
- Zillow/Trulia rental leads can be sent to Follow Up Boss via email parsing: How to setup Zillow Rentals
Note: The Zillow "Respond First" feature will cause a 3-4 minute delay in the lead transfer from Zillow to Follow Up Boss if enabled. That feature can be disabled in Zillow Premier Agent by clicking on Settings > Notifications > Edit Premier Agent Concierge > Disable Status.
- Zillow Offer Seller leads will have a Source name of ZillowOffers and a contact type of Seller
- Traditional Seller leads will have a Source name of Zillow and a contact type of Seller
Differentiate various types of Zillow leads in your lead flow rules to trigger different action plans and/or assign those leads to different people.
- Zillow Open House
- Zillow No Response
- Zillow Property Tour
- Zillow Not Ready
- Zillow Renter
- Zillow Connected
- Zillow Direct Call
Using the tags sent by Zillow, you can apply different action plans or assign leads to a different agent.
You may choose to send specially tailored action plans to leads that reached out to you via phone. For instance, an action plan that doesn't include an initial text or one that emphasizes setting an appointment.
Available Phone Tags:
- Zillow Connected - Applied when Zillow spoke to the lead first.
- Zillow Direct Call - Applied to leads marked as, "direct call from a consumer."
If Zillow assigns a lead to an agent who is not in Follow Up Boss, you can choose to have those leads routed to a team admin or other user in your Follow Up Boss account.
There are four primary lead types from Zillow. These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow.
Direct Listing Inquiries (EMAIL) - These inquiries are submitted directly from an active Zillow or Trulia listing and are sent to a Zillow Premier Agent.
Profile Inquiry - These inquiries are submitted from an agent's Zillow or Trulia profile.
Direct Listing Inquiry (PHONE) - When a potential lead calls Zillow or Trulia unique phone number (found under Settings > Notifications in Premier Agent), the call will be routed directly to an agent's phone.
Concierge Live Phone Transfer (Zillow Connections) - Zillow Concierge reaches out to a potential lead via phone, qualifies the lead, and forwards the lead to an agent's phone
If Zillow has spoken to a lead before they send it to us, the lead will have a "Zillow Connected" tag added when added.
Flex Program Leads
The Zillow Flex Program provides live connections to home shoppers without requiring an upfront investment in advertising.
These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow Flex.
Zillow Offers is a platform that provides homeowners with cash offers on their home and allows them to close at a date of their choosing.
These will appear in your account under the source name: Zillow Offers.