Exporting Contacts from Follow Up Boss is a quick process that downloads a copy of contact information to your computer in a CSV file. This file can be used to upload contacts to outside services or provide contact information to team members.
How it Works
How to Export
- Go to People > All People
- Filter to the desired contacts
- Check the box next to Name > Select All link in blue
- Export (upward arrow icon)
- Check the box to export All Columns to export all contact information (optional). Note: If this box is not checked, only the exposed columns on the people page will be exported.
- Yes, Export People
- The file will then download onto your computer
Who can export?
Exporting contacts is available to account owners by default. Account owners can grant or revoke exporting access to their users by going to Admin > Team and selecting the Can Export checkbox.
- Exporting never removes data from Follow Up Boss.
- When an agent or admin completes an export, the account owner will receive an email notification letting them know the export took place and by who.
Please Note: When exporting phone number, email address, and address, we will only export the first number or address shown for each contact. If you need any additional phone numbers, email addresses, or street addresses, use the Export all columns option.
Exporting Contacts is simple. Go to any list of people, select who you want to export, click the Export (upward arrow icon) > Yes, Export People.
You can export contacts who are in ponds, but the pond name is not included in the export. If you want to export pond assignments, use Mass Actions to tag contacts in the pond with the pond name. Tags are included on the export and can be used to identify which pond the contacts were in.
Yes, check out Exporting Reports to a Spreadsheet for more information.
- Relationship # Last Name
- Relationship # Type
- Relationship # Phone [1-6]
- Relationship # Phone [1-6] - Type
- Relationship # Email [1-6]
- Relationship # Email [1-6] - Type
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Street
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - City
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - State
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Zip
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Country
- Relationship # Address [1-6] - Type
For all email, phone, and address columns, we export a maximum of six items. For example, if the Export all columns option is enabled when you do an export, and a person has multiple phone numbers in the database, the first phone number will be exported under the "Phone 1" column, the second in "Phone 2", etc. If the Export all columns option is not enabled, we will only export the first phone, address, and email on the profile.
Please note that even with the Export all columns box selected, we only export the fields listed above.
While most columns can be selected for export without having to choose the "export all columns" option, none of our texting fields will be available for individual export. In order to get texts exported from FUB, you must choose the "export all columns" option. Note: Raiya (Ylopo) text messages can also be exported this way, but it will not distinguish Raiya texts from FUB texts in the .csv file. They will appear together in chronological order.
If a zip code starts with 0, you will find that Excel automatically removes that number from the exported zip code. To add the 0 back to the zip code, after exporting, select the row, Format --> Number --> More Formats --> Custom Number Formats, and then type in "00000"