Who can create Action Plans?
- For accounts that have the Agent Action Plans power-up enabled, action plans can be created by account owners, admin and agent-level users.
- For accounts that have the Agent Action Plans power-up disabled, action plans can only be created by account owners and admins.
- Account owners and admins can enable or disable power-ups from the Power-Ups page.
- The Agent Action Plans power-up is enabled by default for all new accounts as of March 15, 2022. Accounts created prior to that date will have the power-up disabled by default.
To Create an Action Plan:
1. Go to Admin > Action Plans.
2. Click “Create your own” in the top-right.
3. On the next page, name the action plan.
4. Check or uncheck the “Automatically pause this action plan when the lead responds” option. Checking this option is recommended to prevent sending contacts automated emails/follow-ups after they have responded. Checking this option will automatically pause the action plan when any of the following actions occur:
- Contact or relationship replies to you via email
- Contact or relationship replies to you via text
- A phone call lasting more than 2.5 minutes in duration (logged through the calling feature or FUB mobile app calling). The 2.5 minute duration is in place to prevent short calls or voicemails from pausing the action plan. If you are logging a call manually through the desktop version, you should manually pause the plan.
5. Check or uncheck the “Include all email addresses for email steps” option. When this is checked, all action plan email steps will send emails to all primary and relationship email addresses of the contact.
5. Add an initial autoresponder text message by clicking “Add initial text message”(optional).
- When adding an autoresponder text, an optimal minute delay can be set to send the text with a delay of several minutes for a more personal-appearing text.
- Autoresponder texts will not send after hours, as explained here: Delayed Texts
- More information on autoresponder texts here: Initial Autoresponder Texts
6. Below the field for the initial autoresponder text, you can add or edit the remaining steps in the action plan. The following steps can be added after the initial text:
- Send a series of drip Email Templates
- Create Tasks on your Calendar
- Add or remove Tags
- Assign or remove Collaborators
- Change Stage
- Add a Note
- Pause Action Plan
7. For each step, schedule when the action will run by setting the “Run X days after previous step” field.
8. For each step, the "Action" can be set to:
- The “Create task” action allows you to label the task and set who that task will auto-assign to. If adding a task as part of an action plan, you can specify the task type to indicate the specific action you'd like to make when that task is due.
- The “Send email” action allows you to choose an email template that will automatically send and set who the email will send from.
- The "Change stage" action allows you to set a stage that the contact will be changed to.
- The "Add Note" action allows you to add a note with merge field support to help record certain key events and notify team members.
- The "Add tag(s)," "Remove tag(s)," and "Remove all tag(s)" actions support adding and removing tags.
- The "Add collaborator(s)," "Remove collaborator(s)," and "Remove all collaborators" actions allow assigning and removing assigned collaborators.
- The "Pause all other action plans" and "Pause specific action plans" actions will pause any other specific (or all) action plans assigned to the contact.
9. Click “Add step” if you’d like to continue adding steps and actions.
10. Drag and drop each step to re-order the actions.
11. Click “Save” at the top right of the action plan when finished.