To make sure your microphone settings are properly configured for Calling in Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click the "more" icon at the top right of Chrome and then click Settings.
3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
4. Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
5. Click Microphone to open your microphone settings.
6. On your microphone settings page (chrome://settings/content/microphone), check that your microphone is selected in the first drop-down menu. “Default” is typically the microphone you’ll want selected.
Note: If the microphone is set to default and people you are calling can't hear you, set it to the specific microphone you are using.
7. Turn on “Ask before accessing” setting (if not enabled already).
8. Make sure your Follow Up Boss URL is listed under Allow and not listed under Block.
9. If your FUB URL is listed under Block, then click the “trash” icon on its right to remove it from the Blocklist, and continue to the next step below.
If your FUB URL doesn’t show under either Allow or Block yet, you’ll need to allow FUB access to your Chrome microphone by continuing to the next step below.
10. Open a separate Chrome window and go to your FUB account.
11. In FUB, attempt a test call to a contact by clicking on the contact's phone number.
12. After clicking on the test contact's phone number, you’ll see an “allow access” message pop-up at the top-left of your Chrome window.
13. Click “Allow” in the pop-up message to grant FUB access to your Chrome microphone.
14. After clicking Allow, navigate back to your Chrome microphone settings You can copy/paste this link into the URL bar in your Chrome browser to get there: chrome://settings/content/microphone
, or see step 1 above.
15. On your Chrome microphone settings page you should now see your FUB URL properly listed under theAllow list.
If you're using Chrome on a work/corporate computer, it’s possible that your network administrator controls your microphone settings. In that case, you can't change them here.
To check if your Chrome browser is managed by an administrator:
1. Copy/paste this link into the URL bar in your Chrome browser: chrome://policy/
2. If you see a list of Chrome policies, your browser is managed. If you see "No policies set," your browser is not managed.
If your browser is managed, you’ll need your administrator to grant FUB access/permissions to your Chrome microphone.