If you want to improve the deliverability of your FUB marketing emails (Batch emails and Action Plan emails) and/or you are already noticing delivery issues for those emails, then you are in the right place!
Google recently announced some major updates, coming on February 1st, 2024, about how they're approaching email security standards for 3rd party email marketing services, like FUB. Other major email providers like Microsoft and Yahoo are following in Google's footsteps, so this is soon going to be the "new normal". For more information on those details click here to see the announcement from Google.
At FUB, we're committed to supporting you in making the necessary updates that will ensure you can continue sending marketing emails through FUB. Completing these steps will improve the deliverability of your marketing emails, giving your emails the best chance to make it to recipient inboxes without being filtered into Spam folders.
How to Authenticate Your Domain
⚠️ Follow Up Boss is not able to update your domain's DNS records. You may need to work with your IT personnel to complete these steps.
1. Confirm you can authenticate your domain.
A. If you have a custom domain, it can be authenticated! Move on to step 2.
B. If you have a free email address like @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, etc. they do not allow domain authentication because they are not intended to be used for email marketing. In this case, we recommend creating a custom domain for authentication. Follow these step-by-step instructions for Creating a Custom Domain.
C. If your email is provided by your brokerage, the DNS records can be sent to them to update (step 2). If your brokerage denies this request, there are two options:
1. Keep your brokerage email without domain authentication. With this email, you'll be able to send marketing emails such as action plans and batch emails from FUB, but will likely see low deliverability rates because email providers like Gmail and Yahoo will block messages without domain authentication. You can still send 1-to-1 emails from Follow Up Boss without issue. If you don't do a lot of email marketing from FUB, this is a good option.
2. Use your own custom domain email address with domain authentication. With this email, you'll be able to send 10,000 marketing emails per day from FUB and have the highest email delivery. This is the best option if you plan to do a lot of email marketing. Here is how to Create a Custom Domain.
2. Access Your DNS Records
3. Enter the records into your DNS registrar
Steps to update DNS records vary by email provider. If you are unsure of your DNS host, follow the steps outlined here. Below is a list of the most common email providers' steps to manage DNS settings:
- Amazon Route 53
- Bluehost Bluerock
- Bluehost Legacy
- Google Domains
- Microsoft 365
- If your DNS provider isn't on this list and you need help finding instructions to update your DNS records, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
4. DNS Setup is Complete