With Follow Up Boss Action Plans, you can automatically send an initial text autoresponder, trigger drip emails, assign tasks, and so much more. These are all of the things you can do with an action plan:
- Send a text autoresponder
- Send drip emails
- Assign tasks
- Change a contact's stage
- Add or remove collaborators for a contact
- Add a note (and notify someone(s)
- Add or remove tags on a contact
- Pause other running action plans
How action plans work
How to turn on action plans for contacts
- Choose an action plan or create your own (Admin > Action Plans)
- To assign an action plan to new leads from a particular source, go to admin > lead flow & assign to a lead flow (ie Realtor.com) or to advanced lead flow rules.
- To assign an action plan to a particular contact, search for the contact and add the plan on the profile under action plans.
- You can also trigger action plans for existing leads by using an automation.
Action plan features
Creating and changing action plans
Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s Action Plans page. Click the “Edit” icon to edit the Action Plan (Admins only).
Using action plans
Go to admin > action plans for a look at your action plan performance.
You could delete the action plan that is running OR you can pause a plan on each contact's profile.
You can choose to pause a plan which will stop it from running, but we keep the plan there so you can see a history of plans applied.
An initial email set to send on day zero is sent immediately after the Action Plan is applied to a person. Other emails configured for the 2nd day or later are sent daily around 9 am local time (per the timezone of your account).
Tasks created by an action plan will be posted at around 4am on the morning that they are due.
Yes. Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s Action Plans page. Click the “Duplicate” icon to duplicate the Action Plan (Admins only).
Go to the Admin > Action Plans page to access your team’s Action Plans page. Click the “Trash” icon to permanently delete the Action Plan (Admins only).
Each Action Plan email will automatically display an unsubscribe link, which your leads can click to unsubscribe. When a lead unsubscribes from an Action Plan email, they will be auto-tagged as "Unsubscribed" in your FUB database, and they will be blocked from receiving Action Plan emails in the future. Please note Individual, 1:1 emails can still be sent to unsubscribed contacts (only Action Plan emails are blocked from sending).
Yes! Just go to a person and click to add the action plan as you normally would. Be careful, however, to make sure you don't repeatedly drip someone with the same emails. This is best used with task based plans.