If your goal is to grow your business, we’ve got you covered.
If you've already got a strong business going, but you know you aren’t making the most of your existing relationships, or if your business relies on referrals and repeat business, this mini-course will help you set up Follow Up Boss workflows focused on creating a better client experience.
What this course will help you with
- Organizing your database so you continuously add value to your network
- Utilizing automations to help you remember and celebrate key dates
- Creating a consistent outreach plan for your clients and past clients
Know where you want to grow.
In Follow Up Boss, you can set your goals so you can measure how well you are tracking to hit your sales targets and other personal goals. We believe that setting these targets is key to you driving results each day.
Want to make 100k? 500k? A million? Write it down. Measure it. Adjust what you are doing. We believe in you.
- Go to Admin > Agent Goals to set your commission and personal goals
- Think about these goals with everything you do. Every action you take here is about hitting the goals you've set for yourself. With clear commission goals, continue to assess how well you are growing your business.
Connect your email to supercharge your workflow.
We will not only sync all of your conversations into one central spot, but it will also allow us to add new leads to Follow Up Boss, automatically. Good stuff, right?
- Go to My Settings
- Click Sign in with Microsoft or Sign in with Google
- Follow the prompts of your email provider
- Once connected, go to Admin > API to turn on lead processing so we can automatically add your leads to Follow Up Boss
Import your contacts to start growing your business.
Add all of your existing contacts (prospects, clients, past clients, sphere) so you can focus on building relationships, creating more opportunities and growing towards your goals.
- Go to Admin > Import
- Choose your CSV file and click open
- Confirm opt-in/consent
- Follow the steps to import
- Need help? Send your file to email@example.com and we will do it for you!
Integrate your lead sources so you are first to call, every time
Setup our direct API integrations for Zillow, Realtor com and Facebook Lead Ads. We will automatically sync leads from most other lead sources straight from your connected email.
Steps (if applicable)
- Setup Zillow
- Setup Realtor.com
- Setup Facebook Lead Ads
- Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Have a website? Connect it!
Install the Follow Up Boss pixel on your website to track activity (who is looking at what) + turn on the CTA to convert more visitors into leads. Need help? Email email@example.com!
- Install your pixel code on your website. Detailed guide here.
- Once installed, turn on the CTA
Know who is who and what is what so you don't miss any opportunities.
Follow Up Boss makes it easy to organize all of your contacts. Setting up this structure is key so you are in front of the right people at the right time, maximizing your opportunities and growing your business, strategically.
Stages: Main categorization. Where someone is at in your pipeline. This is meant to show where someone is now.
Tags: Extra detailed information like top referrers, past clients (in case a past client transacts again), investors, PTA group (anything that will help you segment your database further).
Custom Fields: Best used for important dates like closing, birthday, etc.
Steps to organize
- Organize everyone by the correct stage (if you haven't already). Start with current clients, hot prospects and past clients. Also tag your past clients as past clients so if a past client transacts again, you don't lose that history.
- Use tags to further group people (VIPs, PTA group, first responders, investors) so you can build lists for those groups then you can easily send invites for events or relevant content. Top referrers would be one of our go-to's.
- Pick 2-5 details to track about all of your clients and past clients and create custom fields for those: birthday, close date, even favorite wine, so you can better personalize your outreach, celebrate important dates and personalize your gifting.
Really want to dig into database organization? Check out our Product Manager, Caroline, and Lee Adkins as they chat through this topics, give tips and help people explore how to set up a structure for success!
Automations will help you add value to your network and celebrate important dates.
- Go to Admin > Automations
- Turn on the Start Post Closing Follow Up automation and we will assign you post close tasks designed to create regular value for your clients which will lead to more referrals.
- Turn on the Happy Birthday automation to send a happy birthday email, automatically. When a birthday hits, we will send the email for you. Just remember to change that email every year.
Get notified wherever you are.
We will notify you by text, email and a desktop notification if anyone responds to your texts or emails. All you need to do is pick up the phone and call.
- Download the app (if you haven't already) and allow for notifications
- Log into your Follow Up Boss account on the web, then click here & choose how you want to be notified of different events
- Make sure the Follow Up Boss app is front and center on your phone's home screen
- Go to your phone's settings and set your Follow Up Boss notifications to persistent vs. a pop-up banner (iPhone)
- Reduce the noise from other notifications for other apps on your device. Do you really need those apps to notify you all of the time?
Commit to inbox zero and get more results.
It's a system. And it will keep you on top of your game. It means you are on top of your conversations & organized. It's a system we promise will lead to you responding faster to prospects and clients, which creates a better client experience & helps you convert more leads.
- Check your inbox (mobile or web)
- Respond & close conversations
Stay top of mind with consistent, proactive outreach.
Spend 15, 30 or 60 minutes a day calling, texting or emailing the people in your smart lists. If you do this consistently, you'll be in front of the right people at the right time and have a 10x's better chance of growing your business through your existing network.
- Reach out to everyone in you need to connect with from your Client list
- Reach out to anyone in your Recently Active list
- Reach out to 5-10 people from your PC/SOI/quarterly list
- Call, text or email to stay connected to people and top of mind as a real estate expert. Build genuine relationships, consistently. Your goals for outreach:
- Have coffee or lunch with at least one top referrer or strategic relationship each week. You are building your business through your network.
- Interact with at least three people in your network on social. Comment first, reach out second.
- Ask at least one person each day if they know of anyone looking to buy/sell and can introduce you.
- Get a new review each week. Have a past client you never got a review from? Ask them now! Explain how important this is for you and your business. If you're caught up here, just be sure to get a review from any new client!
- Send 3-5 cards a week. These could be for birthdays, home anniversaries, congrats for a new job or baby, just to say thanks for being a friend or referring you business. Want to do more? Send this with a great food gift! Be strategic yet genuine. You're in the business of relationships. Get back into the habit of snail mail.
Understanding your default smart lists (we already created these for you)
Can you customize your lists? Certainly! But, if you want to get started right away, start with what's here, build good habits and tweak your lists along the way. Feel free to change your outreach cadence, for example. The key is consistency.
- Today's Leads: Any leads created today
- Clients: Any contact in the stage of active client
- Leads/Daily: Contacts created less than 10 days ago in the stage of lead that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 12 hours or more. The goal is to reach out daily to strike up a conversation and book an appointment.
- Hot/2x's Week: Contacts in the Hot Prospect stage that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 3 days or more. The goal is to keep in touch with your hottest leads to book an appointment.
- Nurture/monthly: Contacts in the Nurture stage that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 30 days or more. The goal is to keep adding value so you are top of mind when it's the right time to buy or sell.
- PC/SOI/quarterly: Contacts in the Past Clients and Sphere stages that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 90 days or more. The goal is to keep building relationships with the people you have done business with in the past or people part of your network to increase repeat business and referrals.
- Stale Leads: Contacts in the lead stage that are older than 10 days. You should recategorize these leads so Leads are only new leads. Tip: Create a stage called Cold or Archive.
- Recently Active: These are leads with recent activity (a new inquiry or website event like viewed or favorited property). These are hot leads!
Use built-in tools to start more conversations
Along with action plans and automations running, you'll be using Follow Up Boss to strike up and reply to conversations with people. After all, you're in the business of building relationships. Below is a quick introduction to our built-in calling & texting and emailing tools.
Use our calling add-on to track all calls and texts. Why? Because then you have a seamlessly integrated business line. You'll save time and reach more people with call lists, call reporting, group text and so much more.
Use batch emailing to send targeted emails to your network: New listing emails, holiday email, market reports, newsletters.
Join our community of goal crushers to learn tips and tactics.
We truly have some of the best of the best in our community. People who meet and exceed their goals daily. People who are willing to share some of their secrets and strategies. Why not take advantage of what others are sharing? From strategies to resources, our success community will bring you a TON of value.
Get your website to work for you & drive more referrals and repeat business.
03:00 Website tracking with the Pixel
21:15 Using Automations for active leads on your website
33:10 Simple Action Plans for keeping up with your sphere and past clients
Bookmark these resources so you always have what you need at your fingertips.
- Upcoming trainings/webinars
- Our Help Center
- Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org