Learn how to convert more leads using Follow Up Boss! This mini course is for agents new to FUB who are looking to set up lead conversion workflows.
If your goal is to grow your business, we’ve got you covered. Let’s focus on maximizing your time and growing your business!
What We'll Help You With
- Setting up your database and workflows for conversion
- Building consistent habits and outreach that will lead to more results
- Growing your sales skills so you maximize every opportunity
Know where you want to grow.
In Follow Up Boss, you can set your goals so you can measure how well you are tracking to hit your sales targets and other personal goals. We believe that setting these targets is key to you driving results each day.
Want to make 100k? 500k? A million? Write it down. Measure it. Adjust what you are doing. We believe in you.
- Go to Admin > Agent Goals to set your commission and personal goals
- Think about these goals with everything you do. Every action you take here is about hitting the goals you've set for yourself. With clear commission goals, continue to assess how well you are converting leads + growing repeat business.
Connect your email to supercharge your workflow.
We will not only sync all of your conversations into one central spot, but it will also allow us to add new leads to Follow Up Boss, automatically. Good stuff, right?
- Go to My Settings
- Click Sign in with Microsoft or Sign in with Google
- Follow the prompts of your email provider
- Once connected, go to Admin > API to turn on lead processing so we can automatically add your leads to Follow Up Boss
Import your contacts to start growing your business.
Add all of your existing contacts (prospects, clients, past clients, sphere) so you can focus on building relationships, creating more opportunities and growing towards your goals.
- Go to Admin > Import
- Choose your CSV file and click open
- Confirm opt-in/consent
- Follow the steps to import
- Need help? Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do it for you!
Integrate your lead sources so you are first to call, every time
Setup our direct API integrations for Zillow, Realtor com and Facebook Lead Ads. We will automatically sync leads from most other lead sources straight from your connected email.
Steps (if applicable)
Have a website? Connect it!
Install the Follow Up Boss pixel on your website to track lead activity + turn on the CTA to convert more visitors into leads. Need help? Email email@example.com!
Know who is who and what is what so you don't miss any opportunities.
Follow Up Boss makes it easy to organize all of your contacts. Setting up this structure is key so you are in front of the right people at the right time, maximizing your opportunities and growing your business, strategically.
Stages: Main categorization. Where someone is at in your pipeline. This is meant to show where someone is now.
Tags: Extra detailed information like top referrers, past clients (in case a past client transacts again), investors, PTA group (anything that will help you segment your database further).
Custom Fields: Best used for important dates like closing, birthday, etc.
Steps to organize
- Organize everyone by the correct stage (if you haven't already). Start with current clients, hot prospects and past clients.
- Choose a few groups you want to tag. Top referrers would be one of our go-to's.
- Choose a couple of important dates to track and add those dates for your past clients.
Really want to dig into database organization? Check out our Product Manager, Caroline, and Lee Adkins as they chat through this topics, give tips and help people explore how to set up a structure for success!
Action Plans will help you convert new leads by sending an automatic text + a series of emails for you.
Pick a plan for each source so no matter where you are or what you're doing, people hear from you right away!
- Go to admin > lead flow and pick a plan for each lead source you see. Use one of our recommended action plans to start!
- We automatically create a lead flow for each source once we receive the first lead, but if you have sources you are not seeing, you can manually add your lead sources. Here's how.
Automations will help you convert existing leads.
When a new event happens (a new inquiry, an important date), we can kick off an automation by sending an email for you, notifying you of a task, etc. There are lots to choose from and you can build your own, but to start, we recommend starting with two that are focused on lead conversion.
- Go to Admin > Automations
- Turn on the New Inquiry for an existing lead: Follow up for 1 week automation and the Unconverted lead is active now. Call! (if you have your website connected to Follow Up Boss via API or our pixel)
Get notified wherever you are.
We will notify you by text, email and a desktop notification as soon as you get a new lead or if anyone responds to your texts or emails. All you need to do is pick up the phone and call.
- Download the app (if you haven't already) and allow for notifications
- Log into your Follow Up Boss account on the web, then click here & choose how you want to be notified of different events
- Make sure the Follow Up Boss app is front and center on your phone's home screen
- Go to your phone's settings and set your Follow Up Boss notifications to persistent vs. a pop-up banner (iPhone)
- Reduce the noise from other notifications for other apps on your device. Do you really need those apps to notify you all of the time?
Commit to inbox zero and get more results.
It's a system. And it will keep you on top of your game. It means you are on top of your conversations & organized. It's a system we promise will lead to you responding faster to prospects and clients, which creates a better client experience & helps you convert more leads.
- Check your inbox (mobile or web)
- Respond & close conversations
Your 30 day proactive outreach plan to convert more leads into prospects.
Spend 15, 30 or 60 minutes every day calling, texting and emailing the people in your smart lists. If you do this consistently, you'll be in front of the right people at the right time and have a 10x's better chance of converting people than you would by chance.
Steps - Do this every day for 30 days
Focus on speed to lead:
- Call all new leads. As soon as you get a new lead, pick up the phone and call to offer help to your prospect.
- Reach out to everyone in the Leads/Daily list and try to convert. Call, text, email to make contact. Make sure your messages communicate value to the person. How can you help make things easier or better for that person?
- Review everyone in your Recently Active list and try to convert (or any list you've built to show new leads or new lead activity). These are people actively searching. Your goal is to build a relationship and offer education/service/information.
- If you have time, go through your other lists. Reach out, add value.
Understanding your default smart lists (we already created these for you)
The goal is to reach out to all of the people in your lists, but every day, be sure to focus on the people in Leads/Daily & Recently Active. These are people who have recently inquired about a property OR are active on your website. Don't miss these opportunities!
- Today's Leads: Any leads created today
- Clients: Any contact in the stage of active client
- Leads/Daily: Contacts created less than 10 days ago in the stage of lead that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 12 hours or more. The goal is to reach out daily to strike up a conversation and book an appointment.
- Hot/2x's Week: Contacts in the Hot Prospect stage that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 3 days or more. The goal is to keep in touch with your hottest leads to book an appointment.
- Nurture/monthly: Contacts in the Nurture stage that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 3o days or more. The goal is to keep adding value so you are top of mind when it's the right time to buy or sell.
- PC/SOI/quarterly: Contacts in the Past Clients and Sphere stages that you haven't had a conversation with or attempted contact in 90 days or more. The goal is to keep building relationships with the people you have done business with in the past or people part of your network to increase repeat business and referrals.
- Stale Leads: Contacts in the lead stage that are older than 10 days. You should recategorize these leads so Leads are only new leads. Tip: Create a stage called Cold or Archive.
- Recently Active: These are leads with recent activity (a new inquiry or website event like viewed or favorited property). These are hot leads!
Can you customize your lists? Certainly! But, if you want to get started right away, start with what's here, build good habits and tweak your lists along the way.
Use built-in tools to start more conversations
Along with action plans and automations running, you'll be using Follow Up Boss to strike up and reply to conversations with people. After all, you're in the business of building relationships. Below is a quick introduction to our built-in calling & texting and emailing tools.
- Use our calling add-on to track all calls and texts. Why? Because then you have a seamlessly integrated business line. You'll save time and reach more people with call lists, call reporting, group text and so much more.
- Use batch emailing to send targeted emails to your network: New listing emails, holiday email, market reports, newsletters.
Now is the time to really invest in yourself & your business
If you truly want to become a master at lead conversion, why not spend some time improving your tactics and conversations?
We have a course for you from Conversion U that will help you improve your skills. It's 100% worth your time. Spend even 5 minutes a day and you'll see results. Here's some of what the course covers:
- Having Conversations & Setting Appointments
- Conversation Principles
- Conversion Scripts
- Objection Handling
- Closing Principles
- Go to the Follow Up Boss Academy
- Enroll in Conversion U
- Learn real tactics that will change your conversion game
Join our community of goal crushers to learn tips and tactics.
We truly have some of the best of the best in our community. People who meet and exceed their goals daily. People who are willing to share some of their secrets and strategies. Why not take advantage of what others are sharing? From strategies to resources, our success community will bring you a TON of value.
Bookmark these resources so you always have what you need at your fingertips.