Call logs are system entries that record the date, time, and duration of calls between you and your leads. When calling via the Follow Up Boss web app, calls are automatically recorded into the system.
Manually logging a call in the desktop app
To log a call using the iPhone app, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the lead that you wish to call.
- Tap the phone icon next the lead's phone number, then hit "Call" when the prompt appears.
- When the call has concluded, open the app (you should still be seeing the lead that you called on screen).
- The call log prompt should appear automatically when the leads "Info" tab is selected (see picture below).
- If you want to include any notes about your call, add them here.
- Tap "Save" -- your call will now be logged to the system. If you don't hit "Save", your call will not be saved to the system.
Please note that as of now, only outgoing calls initiated from within the app will trigger the call log to appear.
If you are following the steps above and still not seeing the automated call prompt, please check the following:
- Your phone call is longer than 5 seconds (the prompt will not show for calls shorter than 5 seconds.).
- Until the phone call has completed, you must not navigate away from the lead's page within the app. For example, if while you are on the call, you return to the app and hit the back button on the lead's detail page, the call prompt will not appear.
- When the call has completed and you return to app to see the lead's detail page, try waiting a couple of seconds for the prompt to appear.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of our iPhone app.
- Try closing other apps that my be running in the background and consuming system resources.
- Avoid making 3-way phone calls.
- If all else fails, you can either manually add a note for the lead using the app, or manually log the call using the web app.
As of version 2.0.15, the Android app logs all calls made from the app. After the call with a lead has concluded, it will be automatically recorded and a dialog will appear giving you the option of adding call notes. Unlike the iPhone app, even incoming calls from leads while using app will be captured and auto logged.
- This feature requires you to allow the following permissions:
- directly call phone numbers
- read call log